Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > 4.4 TDV8 Oil Leak Fix
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 37 of 37 <123 ... 353637
Print this entire topic · 
Richie N

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Baltic Blue

Are you sure the leak is not the pipe at the rear of the oil cooler? That’s a common place to leak.

Post #692199 8th May 2024 9:25pm
Mfcetin

Germany 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Alaska White

Yes, the turbo oil feed is all dry. I think previously the rings were changed. Because I can see that someone undid the oil cooler gaskets from unmatched bolts which are on now. 2011 Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Post #692211 8th May 2024 10:01pm
LRworkhorse

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

Garymcduff1 wrote:
Click image to enlarge

Hi all, came across this forum whilst trying to research/locate an oil leak on my 2013 4.4 sdv8.i had the oil cooler gasket replaced back in December 2021 and all was well until about 6 months when an oil leak was noticed on a service. I got what seams to be an intermittent oil leak towards the front of the engine somewhere between the throttle body and drivers side valve cover, it can go days with no leak, then a slight leak and then lots dripping from everywhere under the drivers side of the engine, when it leaks it's also spray oil up onto the engine cover (lots of oil it's soaked) and the bonnet when cover removed. I've check all inlet pipes, egr, valve cover and anything else that can be tightened and tried looking for it whilst putting the car through different rev ranges but can't locate it. Not sure if it's related but when driving if I drive hard enough for the secondary turbo to kick in it blows a puff of blue smoke, but once the smoke has cleared i can continue to drive hard and no smoke. I don't think the oil leak is a turbo seal as the amount it's losing I'm sure the tailpipes would be constantly pumping out blue smoke so wondering if anyone has experienced this and have any ideas what's going on as I'm completely stumped now.

Did you find a fix to this mine is leak oil in the same area front of top engine bay

Post #693267 24th May 2024 7:56pm
Mfcetin

Germany 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Alaska White

After 2000 km trip, I have a lot of oil on the engine cover where the throttle body is. Before the trip I put 3 o-rings on the air inlet connection to the throttle body, as described on this forum.
It looks like oil was squirting around as it has reached innner side of the bonnet.

Is there anything else in this area which can spray oil all over the place?`

On the weekend I will undo the air intakes and have a better look. 2011 Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Post #693565 29th May 2024 2:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 37 of 37 <123 ... 353637