Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > front knuckle cracking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 42 of 42 <123 ... 404142
Print this entire topic · 
4RRS

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Great!! Better go and check my 494, could have 2 cars off the road at this rate! L405 SV Autobiography LWB SDV8, finished in Aston Martin China Grey by ETO division.

Post #700522 20th Sep 2024 8:54pm
4RRS

4RRS wrote:
No crack detection spray needed for mine, vehicle falls into the vin range, but for some reason it's not in the LR database for the recall (wondering if SVO vehicles have slipped through the net). Just started the battle with LR CRC and will keep you posted with how I get on.

Offside
Click image to enlarge

Nearside
Click image to enlarge

My local dealers senior service advisor has had a look and referred it to the tech who has been dealing with the recall and he reckons it's the worst he's seen.

At least I've got a working engine, even if I can't drive the thing Big Cry

Just had word from LR CRC today with aproval for the replacement of both sides, apparently my vin is outside the recall range, but is being treated as goodwill Shocked L405 SV Autobiography LWB SDV8, finished in Aston Martin China Grey by ETO division.

Post #701491 4th Oct 2024 5:26pm
Extol

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey
2016 L405 left Knuckle starting to crack !!!!

Checked and found this on My 2016 L405. Did contact Land Rover, said my vin is not in the range it is out side ( newer ) so the cost will not be covered under the recall. so I asked then what is the cost, to find £1500 per wheel. plus £275 to investigate the cause of it ????

Post #701616 6th Oct 2024 11:01am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

my old november 2015 tdv6 had them done under the used approved warranty...cant see why yours shouldnt be.. ... - .- -.

Y. O. L. O.

Post #701622 6th Oct 2024 11:44am
4RRS

My Vin was higher than the range (newer) but they have agreed without any arguing. The delaer cost price of the Knuckle is £486 for the left and £534 for the right (they won't sell them to you at that price though) and 2 hours labour so their figure is ridiculous. My mate who works at a LR MD parts dept said if my claim wasn't approved they'd do them at cost + 10% to help me out.

Knuckles are freely available, no stock shortages, Lloyd Landrover Kelso are advertising new items on eBay for £780 (left) and £801 (right) part no. you need is LR146341 (right) and LR146343 (left). I'd expect a friendly dealer would match or better that.

I'd be going back to LR CRC on 0370 5000 500 and asking why they feel they can't cover it. I spoke with them, emailed pics over and was then asked to book the car in for an official inspection and 2 days later they authorised the work. Should be done this week dependent on workshop loading. L405 SV Autobiography LWB SDV8, finished in Aston Martin China Grey by ETO division.

Post #701623 6th Oct 2024 11:44am
Extol

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Thanks for the Info, I will definitely call the LR Customer Service and ask.

Post #701640 6th Oct 2024 3:39pm
StevieBoy

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Waitomo Grey
Knuckle failure - L405 potential Death Trap

Main dealer purchased, serviced & continual extended warranty. Make no mistake, this is a manufacturing fault that covers all pre 2018 L405. It is further exacerbated by having been over torqued on the production line. It’s a non service item that should last the lifetime of the vehicle. If it hasn’t done so already, fatalities will occur. My vehicle failed on Sunday - I cannot express how lucky I was. LR have no ethics or morals & do not care for us customers. The attached recall is clear to the dealer that it relates to 2014 to 2016 models. LR tell me that my June 2015 vehicle is not included within this. They are leaving the warranty company to pick through the pieces & only cover a failed item, they do not currently intend to replace my NS Knuckle - as such I will not accept the vehicle - it’s a death trap.
The dealer has other failed examples on site. The problem is growing. I wrote to Adrian Mardell CEO - I have received a token response resulting in nothing from the Client Experience Centre.
If a lawyer, Motoring Journalist or rep from the IMI or SMMT wants to get in touch, please do.

Post #701806 8th Oct 2024 11:43pm
ash83

United States 

Anyone know if the 2018 is immune to this?

Post #701808 9th Oct 2024 1:06am
Kot

United Kingdom 
Re: Knuckle failure - L405 potential Death Trap

StevieBoy wrote:
Main dealer purchased, serviced & continual extended warranty. Make no mistake, this is a manufacturing fault that covers all pre 2018 L405. It is further exacerbated by having been over torqued on the production line. ...................................................

If you haven't done this, do it now, the more the merrier, as you say, the next person might not be so lucky.

https://contact-dvsa.service.gov.uk/vehicle-user-name/ 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #701813 9th Oct 2024 8:50am
Range Rover LSE

United Kingdom 

In response to “ash83”. My 2018 had a cracked knuckle. There is a brief mention and photo on page 18 of this thread. Range Rover Sport 2023 D350 Autobiography
Gone RR L405 Autobiography SDV8, RR L405 VSE SDV8, RR L405 3.0L VSE, RR L322 BM 4.4, RR Sport, RR L322 TDV8 Vogue, Disco 4, Disco 3 (2 off), Disco 2 and RR Classic & RR LSE

Post #701884 10th Oct 2024 7:20am
StevieBoy

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Waitomo Grey

In response to Kot:

Re: Knuckle failure - L405 potential Death Trap
StevieBoy wrote:
Main dealer purchased, serviced & continual extended warranty. Make no mistake, this is a manufacturing fault that covers all pre 2018 L405. It is further exacerbated by having been over torqued on the production line. ...................................................

If you haven't done this, do it now, the more the merrier, as you say, the next person might not be so lucky.

https://contact-dvsa.service.gov.uk/vehicle-user-name/

I have filled out the simple DVSA form.
The dealer is embarrassed by the whole situation & lack of accountability from LR / Mardell & those at Client Care. Passing a manufacturing fault to the warranty arm is just a cost deflection exercise. We the customers, our lives & safety are clearly acceptable collateral damage in order to keep the shareholders happy & the Xmas bonus sizeable.
They point blank refuse the notion that all the common sense in the world screams - change the NS unit for our customer before it fails! So - I’m paying for it & retaining the part, I’ll have it inspected & x-rayed. If as I suspect, it’s faulty - I’ll have a field day.
Attached are clearer images of the failed unit - taken today. Along with the latest from Client Care.

Post #701933 10th Oct 2024 8:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 42 of 42 <123 ... 404142