Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > P550e useable without a home charging point?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

if you have solar panels and its sunny, you dont pay anything.....just saying Very Happy ... - .- -.

Y. O. L. O.

Post #702850 22nd Oct 2024 5:26pm
Martin2

England 

Unfortunately solar panels would have to be on the front of our house and they are just too ugly for the level of payback. For now. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #702852 22nd Oct 2024 5:38pm
NavinIyapah

United Kingdom 

JackRegan wrote:
@NavinIyapah

I have a P550e and used home charging for the first week. I wasn't doing long miles that week, so overnight charging was fine.

Similar to TMO53, overnight charging from a 13A socket added about 70%, roughly 50 EV miles. This was in September when the overnight weather was good, this may reduce during the winter months.

The "Save" feature uses the petrol engine to charge the battery when driving to a specific level, 80% for me. This reduces your mpg, for me to around 30mpg. In comparison, when I used this feature in a Volvo XC60 Recharge with a 2L turbo engine, the mpg was high teens to very low 20's. I don't think I have any meaningful petrol-only mpg, where I've not used the "save" feature.

Could you use public charging for your longer journeys? If so, then I could see the P550e/460e without a home charging point being fine. However, if not and you regularly do 120+ miles journeys, you may find you are driving for longer periods on petrol only rather than EV or hybrid. Effectively, a P400 carrying a heavy load.

@supershuttle

I have no experience with the P400e. It looks like it has a 13.1kWh battery, small enough not to need a home charging point, it could easily be fully charged overnight from a 13A socket.

Like you, I now do quite a lot of short and shorter trips which was killing my previous P405 diesel. The PHEV in EV mode is perfect for this. There are now times when I think I must use the petrol engine as it has been used for a while. Not sure how well the P400e performs when towing, but It sounds like a PHEV would be perfect for your current driving profile.

Thanks Jack, it seems from everyones experience that without having the battery charged the L460 hybrids do return the best MPG, as I expected. It's a decision about offsetting the cost of the purchase vs day to day fuel efficiency it seems! Thanks again

Post #702859 22nd Oct 2024 6:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12