Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > TPMS Problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Looping111

Switzerland 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor
TPMS Problems

Since I have changed my wheels in spring (I have to set of rims with sensors) I had a error on the tire pressure system. My tyre-dealer checked the sensors and found out that 2 of them are dead. OK after 10 years. Before 3 weeks I changed again the wheels with new tires and new sensors. Sensors where programmed to the module.
But the system don't reset automatically. After programming we wait 20 min. Then drive half hour with about 100 km/h. NO success... Still the error message.
I have tried to disconnect the battery for 10 min. After starting the error was not there and I could see in the service menue all wheel pressures how should be. Perfect ? No? After arround 20 min. driving I got again the error. (interesting the 20 min normally is the time to relearn the system.. in my case it is exactly the opposite)
Before I start to replace the control module (which is located under the roof cover, what is a big sh.. to replace ) I want to ask if someone has other idea what to do ?
It is a RR l405 autobiographic 2014 SDV8
Greetings from Switzerland

Post #701954 11th Oct 2024 9:29am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i suspect the replacement tpms were not activated [switched on] ...there is a tool that will do this ... ... - .- -.

Y. O. L. O.

Post #701962 11th Oct 2024 11:17am
Bora20

Canada 2013 Range Rover 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

There are also two different frequency TPMS. Aftermarket units are typically dual frequency. I suspect like Stan said they weren’t activated and/or updated with the car. I have the $400 🇨🇦 tool to do this at home. Takes less than five minutes to activate and connect them to the car through the OBDII port. Dan. 🇨🇦 2013 L405 5.0 SCV8

Post #701984 11th Oct 2024 3:18pm
Looping111

Switzerland 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

The sensors where cloned with the ID of the old ones and all where programmed to the system. The programming unit reports that all was successfull. It was possible to read them out with the tester. When I disconnect the battery 10 min. after restart the car the error was cleared and I could view all tyre pressures in the service menu. So I understand that the sensors are activated and work. But after 20min. the error comes again....therfore I am not shure if the control unit itself is the problem ??

Post #701987 11th Oct 2024 3:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1