Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > New lower/raising module & diag.tool - beta testers reqd
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

might copy and paste your quote to storey.... Laughing

Post #77682 26th Aug 2011 11:45am
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

Just got mine this morning at last I will be able to force the car to sit level and maybe even lower the suspension at a lower speed around 50 mph. Geoff

Post #77758 26th Aug 2011 10:26pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

makes sense to get into motorway mode at around 50mph, this can only help with the mpg...

Post #77759 26th Aug 2011 10:30pm
Reformed

England 

I think if I didn't buy the RAC all comms unit I would have gone for this. Reformed

Post #77761 26th Aug 2011 10:47pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

when storey sorts out his software then these two products should roughly do the same ..

but steves iddtool does look very tiny and neat.

Post #77762 26th Aug 2011 10:53pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

supershuttle wrote:
Just got mine this morning at last I will be able to force the car to sit level and maybe even lower the suspension at a lower speed around 50 mph.

No - sorry. speed and time to drop stay original in this version. We've discussed it - too many other loose ends at the moment tho.
Have you activated/unlocked yet? You need to plug the unit into the obd port, press the resume button for 2 secs and you'll get a message: 'EASControl/IIDTool not activated on this vehicle' - hit the resume button again and take down the activation code. Mail us and you'll receive an unlock code from Christian or Patrick, enter using the resume button and +/- buttons and off you go.
Let us know how it is! Negative feedback - should there be any - welcome as well! 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #77765 26th Aug 2011 11:00pm
supershuttle

SteveMFr wrote:
supershuttle wrote:
Just got mine this morning at last I will be able to force the car to sit level and maybe even lower the suspension at a lower speed around 50 mph.

No - sorry. speed and time to drop stay original in this version. We've discussed it - too many other loose ends at the moment tho.
Have you activated/unlocked yet? You need to plug the unit into the obd port, press the resume button for 2 secs and you'll get a message: 'EASControl/IIDTool not activated on this vehicle' - hit the resume button again and take down the activation code. Mail us and you'll receive an unlock code from Christian or Patrick, enter using the resume button and +/- buttons and off you go.
Let us know how it is! Negative feedback - should there be any - welcome as well!

Thanks for the activation instructions, not tried it yet as there is absolutely nothing but the device in the jiffy bag it was delivered in (I suppose that is negative feedback!). Also too wet and too dark to do anything with it this evening and I had to take SWMBO out for tea (as we say up here) and messing after beer has always caused me problems Yawn

Will contact you for an activation code over the weekend.
Cheers
Geoff Geoff

Post #77767 26th Aug 2011 11:36pm
Stephen.125

2017 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver

Got mine today too. Received plenty of email contact updates with activation details. Arrival has coincided with a SNAFU at work and Cheshire's new monsoon season! Will get the code ASAP and get it activated. Can't wait to play!!

Email support so far really quick!

Cheers

Steve

Post #77773 27th Aug 2011 1:22am
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

supershuttle wrote:
Thanks for the activation instructions, not tried it yet as there is absolutely nothing but the device in the jiffy bag it was delivered in (I suppose that is negative feedback!).

That is one of the drawbacks of being a beta. Especially from a little company that is doing development and ramping up to full production all in a very short time frame. But we are the little company that could - so we did. Laughing

I was cc'd into an email addressed to you from Patrick on the 24th containing activation instructions and a note stating that you'll receive the manual soon because we're still working on it (Me. Been at the top of my priority list the last several days - along with 289 other items... Rolling Eyes ). Did you not receive that mail?

supershuttle wrote:
Also too wet and too dark to do anything with it this evening and I had to take SWMBO out for tea (as we say up here) and messing after beer has always caused me problems Yawn

Will contact you for an activation code over the weekend.
Cheers
Geoff

Good idea. Don't drink and drive and don't drink and modify your EAS. (I also need packaging text...) Very Happy 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s

Post #77784 27th Aug 2011 9:37am
supershuttle

Quote:
I was cc'd into an email addressed to you from Patrick on the 24th containing activation instructions and a note stating that you'll receive the manual soon because we're still working on it (Me. Been at the top of my priority list the last several days - along with 289 other items... ). Did you not receive that mail?

I get tons of e-mails ( most of it junk!) and as I didn't recognise Patricks name I just didn't read it, but I've found it now Embarassed

If it ever stops raining I will get out and have a play.

Thanks again for the prompt reply

Cheers
Geoff Geoff

Post #77787 27th Aug 2011 10:54am
supershuttle

So all went smoothly entered the various codes and it's alive!

I took a quick top level view of all the faults stored, 30 odd, and I remember the sunroof jamming and the left rear indicator bulb blowing recently both captured

I guess the best way forward would be to reset them all and see what re occurs and maybe over the next few days I can mess up a few things Very Happy Geoff

Post #77873 27th Aug 2011 10:00pm
supershuttle

Well the IIDTool works just fine, adjusted the individual wheel heights so the car sits level and knocked 5mm off the standard height all round just for good measure.Reset the faults on all ECUs as well. It only took five minutes on the car park at work including all the time walking round the car with a tape measure getting funny looks.
I look forward to being able to program convenience features in future releases and maybe lower the speed at which the suspension drops to motorway mode. It's a mark of good kit when it's easy to use and just does what it says on the tin leaving you impatient for more Thumbs Up Geoff

Post #78274 30th Aug 2011 2:26pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

supershuttle wrote:
It's a mark of good kit when it's easy to use and just does what it says on the tin leaving you impatient for more Thumbs Up

Thanks!

And a bit of news for TD6 owners: DONE and working. Everyone who's waited patiently (or less) can now order!
I'll post a vid on the weekend. 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s

Post #78785 2nd Sep 2011 7:10am
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

what extras does it do now steve...

Post #78796 2nd Sep 2011 9:02am
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

TD6 now complete!

scarey wrote:
what extras does it do now steve...

Just the TD6 ECM, Stan. It wasn't yet supported (no diesels in North America...)

Not a very good vid - sorry. It was 6:00AM and the family was already in the other car ready to go. We are on holiday this week `)

Shows TD6 ECM functionality.

RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s

Post #79109 4th Sep 2011 11:06am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>