Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Bill

United Kingdom 

Gremlin500 wrote:
I found this, which helped me a lot:

https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/inco...-faqs.html

Thanks for that… mind you I’m still confused…. Easily done Mildred.

Noticed this in the link . Some one said a little while ago if the phone was plugged in , then it uses the external car Ariel…. Anyone????? Those two fins have got to useful for something!!!!
I haven’t renewed wifi enabled , but kept connected & I haven't noticed anything yet.

What are the advantages of the vehicle's data connection over my smartphone's data connection?

The strength of your mobile phone signal and data connection can be significantly reduced by the structure of the vehicle – metal reduces the transmission of radio waves.

When inserted, the SIM card located in your vehicle’s interface panel connects to the mobile network via a significantly larger, dedicated aerial on the outside of the vehicle. This helps to maintain a much stronger data connection with the network.

Unquote. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #702669 20th Oct 2024 12:40pm
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

@Bill:

Looking at “Lightning” on Wikipedia, the pinouts on the plug show only data in, data out, power and ground connections, so I don’t think the phone can use the aerial. Even if the car body has a partial Faraday effect, 5G is way better than 3G, which itself is 30x faster than 2G, so this far outweighs using a painfully slow 2G SIM in the car, better to simply connect the cars’ wi-fi to your phone hotspot, especially if you have unlimited data. May as well use something you are already paying for, than purchase inferior technology. Thumbs Up “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #702676 20th Oct 2024 1:11pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Thanks…. Taken on board.

My iPhone X max phone is still 4g… I bought a number of excellent Apple cases as a job lot, working my way through the stock! …. Rolling with laughter

I will be getting the new iphone 5G enabled at the turn of the year as I’m expecting a much better signal whilst at home. Good reports from neighbours.

Ps
The difference tween an Apple case and a knock off from the internet is surprising / amazing. (some still for sale if anyone wants to buy new Apple iPhone X max case pm me. £25.00) Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #702699 20th Oct 2024 3:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123