Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > DSC HDC / AIR SUSP INACTIVE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
knares

Australia 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

i have put this up before, a couple of times, so you might have seen it before, but just in case you haven't

OK you wont believe this
or am i the last one to know
The guy who lives across the road from me was over a few weeks ago. (he is a good mechanic)
He asked how the rover was going, I told him I was sick ok the three warning lights coming on. He said, have you cleaned the wheels lately
He said if he doesn’t clean the wheels on his holden he has all sorts of electrical faults, he has to clean them about every six month.
Come over he said
He got his pressure cleaner and squirted it through the wheels, cleaning the breaks etc.
A lot of dirt/dust washed out
The next three times I used the car, I had no warning lights, that never happened recently.
The lights still do come on, but after 40/50 km
A vast improvement

the lights come on very rarely these days, i have properly done 2000km since the lights last came on.
i have done nothing else to fix it RR 2005 4.4 petrol
Any spelling mistakes are the fault of spellchecker
Previous MG J2, CITROEN light 15 x 2 gone unfortunately
Present MERC 180e, RANGE ROVER L322, JAGUAR XJS, MERC 280SE, MG F, JAGUAR S-Type 6v 2003, jaguar s-type 8v 2004, Ford Cougar

Post #696693 23rd Jul 2024 5:31am
vs322

Greece 2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Interesting observation. Any chance the dirt could be containing iron oxide? Australia is rich in iron ore...May be a long shot but again, why not?
I would consider taking off the wheels and spraying brake cleaner around the ABS rings, behind the wheel hubs. Perhaps even removing the ABS sensors themselves and giving them a proper clean while checking the cable sheathing for chafing. Just a thought.

Post #696739 23rd Jul 2024 4:40pm
invisible999

United States 2005 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Chawton White

knares wrote:
He asked how the rover was going, I told him I was sick ok the three warning lights coming on. He said, have you cleaned the wheels lately

Quote:
Any chance the dirt could be containing iron oxide? Australia is rich in iron ore...May be a long shot but again, why not?

In my situation - we live in a desert. On elevation of 2200m. Last snow (we don't get rain after snow) was in May, next rain will be in October. It is right now +35C outside with 18% of humidity.

While we live on a dirt road and earth 50 miles around is very rich with iron and whole periodic table - silver was discovered here 150 years ago and and whole silver rush was due to this - I doubt that it could have such an interesting consequences.

Post #696746 23rd Jul 2024 6:08pm
invisible999

Today I sent my ABS module for repair. It should be back in 7-10 days and will know. As a result, I won't need to deal with potential re-programming issues if I had to get replacement module.

1. If the repair clears the current situation - great. So then we do know that all these 'Precharge Pump', 'CAN Bus fault' and others mimicing the actual problem that is the ABS module.

2. If that repair does not fix the problem, I am planning to get one of these tools mentioned in this message/thread - https://www.rangerovers.net/posts/2006234/
and see if I can use it to clear codes/do the calibration mentioned there. If that fixes problem - great, one more knowledge to be added.

3. If 2 above did not fix the problem, I will use the tool I get from Amazone to try to get actual error codes. Then ask againg here and other places, return the tool and back to sq. 1.

Post #697938 12th Aug 2024 11:11pm
invisible999

Update: I got my ABS untit back repaired. The 'Precharge Pump' message from ABS is gone, Air.Susp.Inactive message is gone - I did Steering Sensor calbration by turning wheel left, right left. Suspencion is adjustable and HDC is back.

Lesson to learn - 'CAN Bus Fault' (which still remains) and 'Precharge Pump' error messages DO NOT MEAN that either of these modules are faulty. It is ABS Module that needs fix/repair.

Post #699275 1st Sep 2024 9:40pm
knares

Australia 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

so, its fixed, good
what unit did you use to read those faults RR 2005 4.4 petrol
Any spelling mistakes are the fault of spellchecker
Previous MG J2, CITROEN light 15 x 2 gone unfortunately
Present MERC 180e, RANGE ROVER L322, JAGUAR XJS, MERC 280SE, MG F, JAGUAR S-Type 6v 2003, jaguar s-type 8v 2004, Ford Cougar

Post #699291 2nd Sep 2024 4:17am
invisible999

I had ALL COMMS III that was giving me these faults.

Post #699292 2nd Sep 2024 5:02am
vs322

Greece 2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Great news and indeed, precharge and Can Bus fault mean nothing more than denoting the inability of the computer to communicate with certain module(s). I remember the garage wanting to troubleshoot and possibly replace my precharge pump lol... Gotta keep an eye on those people.

Post #699294 2nd Sep 2024 6:50am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123