Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Rear windscreen washer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
vs322

Greece 2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black
Rear windscreen washer

A couple years back I had replaced the rear wiper motor but never really used the washer for the fear of water ingress within the motor, which is why the original one had failed.

I am sure I'd tried the washer and at the very least heard the pump running after having installed the used replacement part.

Recently, I accidentally discovered that the pump doesn't work at all. I tried 12V on it and it runs. But pushing the stalk forward, only activates the wiper which does those 5 or so sweeps.

There are no blockages on the line as I plugged the hose on the windshield wipers' pump. And besides, the pump should be heard if it was running, anyway.
Plugged the rear washer pump plug to the headlight washer pump and still nothing happens pushing on the stalk..

All fuses seem okay. I removed the boot lid trim and checked the 2 multiplugs on the wiper motor; they seem in place.

I went through the electrical library and saw that the rear washer pump is fed by the rear wiper ECU. Could the ECU itself be faulty? Any ideas appreciated. Thanks

Post #697360 3rd Aug 2024 7:36pm
Wynno

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Hi vs322, did you get anywhere with this issue? I've got the same issue - rear washer not working. I've tested and replaced the pump (which was faulty), and checked the fuse in the glovebox fuse panel. But still nothing when pushing the wash switch forwards.

The wiring diagram shows (attached) shows that the front and rear washers each have their own individual fuses (38P & 43P), which are easily found and even labelled with the matching numbers in the gloxebox panel. The diagram also shows each has it's own relay (17P & 18P), bur I can't find any relays anywhere labelled accordingly....

It MUST be the relay, but where on earth are they..... Big Cry

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks

Current - 2010 Range Rover 4.4TDV8 Vogue SE Auto
Current - 2014 Defender 90 XS 2.2
Previous - 2020 Evoque D180 R-Dynamic SE Black Auto
Previous - 2016 Discovery Sport Auto 2.0 TD4 HSE Black Auto
Previous - 2010 Freelander 2 2.2 Diesel Auto

Post #699225 1st Sep 2024 10:27am
vs322

Greece 2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Hi!

I can't be of much help I'm afraid, as the post-2009 setup is quite different from mine. But since it's the 2 realys that you need to locate as next step at the moment, may I suggest looking at the rear fusebox in the boot, if not already done so. One more thing, the relays in question seem to be located in the "Junction Box Central" could that be the big one under the bonnet??

Post #699296 2nd Sep 2024 6:58am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1