Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > New Owner Questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
rej

England 2006 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver
New Owner Questions

I am picking up a 2006MY Vogue 4.4 V8 later this week and need to update the audio and phone.

The RR has the touch screen Sat Nav and TV but as this doesn't get a picture guess it is analogue only. There is an Old Nokia phone in a cradle in the centre console but does not appear to be connected (on test drive).

I would ideally like to be able to connect my iPhone 5S and other phones I use via Bluetooth for handsfree, not really fussed about streaming music from the phone. Am I better to try and get a new Bluetooth module or try a Parrott type system?

I would also like to be able to connect my ipod classic in to the stereo system to play tunes (I usually just have on random as over 15000 tunes but would ideally also like to be able to chose an artist, song, genre etc... if I want while on the move) I have Pure DAB radio (like the Alpine in some of the posts) which I have in my old vehicle but had to use an SOT lead when I connected that up but can't find what adaptor I need for the RR so any help would be appreciate if this is the best way to for the ipod to work.

What is the best (easiest) way to reinstate the digital TV (TV on the move not a major problem either way).

I live in Stevenage, Herts and work in Harlow, Essex so any suggestions on a company who could supply/install the above (ideally less than £1K) in my area (preferably at my office) would be appreciated.

Sorry first post is a question but could not find the introduction area.

Robert

Post #233239 6th Jan 2014 7:36pm
rej

Bump. Any suggestions, comments as various opinions in the various and I would like to try and get sorted asap.

Post #233467 7th Jan 2014 7:44pm
Contraband

Scotland 

Hi... Have you tried the search function? Audio and Bluetooth are very common questions and all the answers are out there! Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #233469 7th Jan 2014 7:47pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

as Archie has suggested , do a search and have a read ..

Post #233472 7th Jan 2014 8:04pm
rej

Thanks, I have had a look using search but various different answers and not sure which is which and current best suppliers etc... except for the Bluetooth exchange which looks like a member provides the service just need to check my module # when I collect.

Some posts say new tuner is plug and play other seem to suggest that new aerials and wiring are needed and other say coding is needed and just want the simplest solution simple DIY if possible.

Re my Pure DAB(similar the Alpine units referred to in various posts) which does the ipod, haven't seen anything yet about using SOT leads or aerial adaptors and really just wanted some info to avoid getting stuck with the dash apart only to find I need a part that I could have ordered in advance.

Post #233475 7th Jan 2014 8:29pm
Contraband

Scotland 

Thumbs Up You seem up to speed....
I got my Bluetooth upgrade from Wiggs, but as you have found out he will only exchange from a certain serial number upwards... You will need to check first.
I think he also does the plug and play digital tv as well. I got mine on eBay, I was lucky as there are a few knocking about that don't seem to work. It really is just plug and play. You should be able to unplug the leads from the analogue unit, still in place, and test the new one... Before you pull it all to bits... Also, check for water ingress. Check the pins of the Bluetooth module for any signs of water damage. Search for water shedder.
No expert on the iPod integration, but search intravee, possibly for older FFRR, not so sure... Maybe some tips there.
Enjoy.
Thumbs Up Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #233480 7th Jan 2014 8:56pm
rej

Is this the TV module I need to convert a 2006MY facelift to digital TV Model # AW93-14F641-BC PAGTVISDB

Post #233622 8th Jan 2014 8:00pm
rej

Sorry problem with the image. Does this unit need a viewing card of any kind?

Post #233623 8th Jan 2014 8:01pm
Contraband

Scotland 

I searched "digital tv" and found this....
http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic13683.html?highlight=tv+tuner
Your picture is of the type that will not work... Jap spec I believe... Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #233626 8th Jan 2014 8:18pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

in all honesty i would spend the cash on a new tv for the house rather than a digital tuner for the FF..
you can only watch 'in car' when you have a decent signal and when the engine is running otherwise you'll get a flat battery...

Post #233628 8th Jan 2014 8:23pm
73vse

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

Although, my wife and kids would say it's the best thing about my RR ( dual view)

Post #233630 8th Jan 2014 8:35pm
rej

So this would the right one?

Would probably only use while waiting outside kids dance and football lessons and if it works no too expensive compared with the dealer options I have been quoted and better than trying to watch on 3G/4G on the ipad. If just plug and play as suggested worth a couple of hundred £ plus I like to have everything working that should work.

Robert There is a difference between knowing your sh!t and knowing you're sh!t

2005 Registered 2006 MY 4.4 AJV8 Range Rover Vogue

Post #233631 8th Jan 2014 8:36pm
Contraband

Scotland 

Yip, the hybrid tuner....
I know what you mean, it would bug me having something like that not working, even if it it were not used all that often.
Ours was mainly used for dvd's, but if I needed the tv at least it worked. Thumbs Up Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #233632 8th Jan 2014 8:40pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

As the guys have said its hit and miss in functionality at best, it needs a good signal and you cant watch it on the move as standard, though there is a tweek which can be done to enable tv on the move bit its illegal to have it on the front screen where the driver can see it.

In terms of the ipod, the best and pretty much only option if you want to have it connected into the system is the genuine lr kit, and the classic can then be kept in the dash. The trouble is that the search can be slow with a lot of tracks on the source, however if you keep it on random then it should be fine. Its pricey though at about 350.

A cheaper option is a splitter lead whch splits a 30 pin ipod cable to aux and usb, and a 12v to usb ciggy plug. That will work well if you have an aux socket and you can the keep the ipod in the centre console bit if you dont have an aux socket then the only other way is a transmitter.....

If that makes sense. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #233634 8th Jan 2014 8:57pm
rej

Thanks, I don't have the Aux input anywhere (at least not visible). I have a PURE DAB (same as alpine unit) tuner which runs the iod in my Nissan Pathfiinder and works fine for me but as per my other post just looking for confirmation what other leads I need (if any) to connect to the Radio/Nav unit. There is a difference between knowing your sh!t and knowing you're sh!t

2005 Registered 2006 MY 4.4 AJV8 Range Rover Vogue

Post #233637 8th Jan 2014 9:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>