Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > air suspension troubles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Reformed

England 
air suspension troubles

This evening I got out the car and noticed that the rear of the car was right up in the air. I played with the switch to try and move it. It seemed to level out but the lights kept flashing on the switch.

No error messages on the dash, plugged all comms into it, nothing on there either.

Now its sitting lop sided, with the bottom of the 3 lights lit, and the middle one flashing!!!

Looks like a call to my indie tomorrow then!

Update: The light on the switch has stopped flashing and is stationary in the middle but its still lop sided.

Compressor is fairly new and up until now it lifted and dropped quickly. Fingers crossed its nothing to big or expensive! Reformed

Post #100824 8th Jan 2012 8:44pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i'd leave it for a while to let the ecu;s sleep then raise and lower through the access,standard and high modes...it might just [hopefully] be a glich... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #100829 8th Jan 2012 9:04pm
RR8701

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Scarey,

I wonder if it would help the OP if they disconnected the battery for 30 mins and done a lock to lock to see if it helped the problem.

Post #100830 8th Jan 2012 9:05pm
Reformed

England 

I did that earlier when it first happened. It was after reconnecting it that it came to life and went lop sided!

Its now parked up for the night, so I will try it again in the morning before work.

I dont use the car for work as I have a van, but depending on how quick the indie can book it in if its still playing up I might have to use the Corsa Big Cry

Just find it weird that there are no error messages showing. Reformed

Post #100831 8th Jan 2012 9:11pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i think the battery dis and re-connect and lock to lock should be the first thing you should do if presented with suspension problems..and of course the condition of the battery should be considered..

fingers crossed it'll be ok tomorrow...

[RR8701 Thumbs Up] ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #100834 8th Jan 2012 9:18pm
Rob2529

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue

Probably a dodgy height sensor. Check the arm hasn't broken. Quite a cheap and easy fix if I remember right. [img]http://www.fuelly.com/driver/rob2529/range-rover[img/]
04, 4.4V8, Vogue Oslo Blue with LPG.
"You can sleep in your car, BUT you can't race your house!!!!"

If something can't be fixed with a hammer....... You have yourself an electrical fault!

Post #100871 9th Jan 2012 1:58am
Reformed

England 

My thoughts are along with a dodgy height sensor as it seems to me, the computers are not sure where the car is sitting so it doesnt seem to do much now, allthough I would have thought it would give me an error either on the dash or when I plugged in the RAC all comms.

It did give me the Air Con Inactive warning on Friday evening which did not reset with the steering wheel, so I plugged the RAC unit in and reset that, (which was a can bus error) but it never came back and was working ok Saturday.

Well its still sat lop sided after leaving it all night, and after starting it and waiting nothing. The light on the switch is sitting steady in the middle. I moved the switch to higher it, the upper light start flashing but the car did nothing.

I waited a bit before moving the switch back down where it stopped flashing and went back to sitting steady in the middle.

Then when I pressed down again, the whole car suddenly lifted right up in the air, seemed to level out and then dropped back to where it was.

The light would not stop flashing until I touched it again and its back to where it was, sitting a bit lop sided with the light steady in the middle! Big Cry

Looks like I am definately calling the indie in a bit! Reformed

Post #100878 9th Jan 2012 8:34am
Reformed

England 

Its now booked in with the indie on Wednesday to be looked at. He seems to think it something like a height sensor, allthough from what I can see, they dont look damaged, and the fact there are no error messages.

It has gone back to sitting with its arse up in the air, and the front right down!

I have to say, in a strange way, it looks like its been pimped slightly Rolling with laughter Reformed

Post #100910 9th Jan 2012 12:21pm
47p2

Scotland 

Have you tried driving it a few hundred yards to see if it settles in the correct position. They sometimes need to be moved for the sensors to pick up the proper readings.

Post #100912 9th Jan 2012 12:23pm
Reformed

England 

Yesterday I drove back to my house from Portsmouth, which is about 10 miles and it stayed like it all the way.

I have not used it today, only started it earlier. When I finish work later I will take it for a drive and see what it does. Reformed

Post #100916 9th Jan 2012 12:36pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Does it raise up to high setting? If so leave it running in the off road mode and lift the front wing slightly by standing with your back to the wheelarch and lift carefully and listen for a hissing... Maybe a punctured front bag at the top point of travel... Have seen it before and in normal height it gets all confused as it can't maintain correct pressures... Maybe sounds odd but I've seen it a few times now... Remember to check both sides...

Hope it helps...

Craig Thumbs Up

Post #100920 9th Jan 2012 1:15pm
Reformed

England 

Well my indie hooked it up to the computer in between jobs this afternoon and was some what baffled at the lack of fault codes, there was nothing on any modules!

He had a little play, took it for a drive connected up to his software and did some little tests and it appears it is the compressor, but as he only looked between jobs ive now booked it back in for all day Monday so he can fully investigate. Reformed

Post #101181 11th Jan 2012 4:45pm
RR8701

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Reformed wrote:
Yesterday I drove back to my house from Portsmouth, which is about 10 miles and it stayed like it all the way.

I have not used it today, only started it earlier. When I finish work later I will take it for a drive and see what it does.

Rolling with laughter LOL im sorry but all i keep imagining is you driving home with your window down, arm out, with your RR's ass in the air LOL.

reminds of a hot wheels toy car lol

On a serious note, I dont see how the compressor would only affect the rear susp and not the front, very unlikely. could it be a faulty ECU moduale ? Have you have HDC inactive errors at all? implicating it might be a battery issue ?

Post #101183 11th Jan 2012 4:51pm
Reformed

England 

No errors at all, and I have recently changed the battery. He is not saying that the compressor isnt working as such, it could be an electrical fault, short on a wire, module linked to the compressor ect. but it appears to be linked to the compressor.

I know when he tried to raise the car, the compressor was full of air, but it chose not to do anything. Then at random times it reports back, which was why the suspension just moves on its own free will!

That said after his playing around today, it is fairly level, so I no longer look like a footballer in a pimped Rangie with up and down suspension!

But until he can have a proper look at the car, take things apart ect he cant be sure what is going on, but basically he said the compressor seems to be getting the commands, but choosing not to act (if that makes sense).

It was slightly under pressure, but not enough to raise alarms which maybe why the car doesnt see anything is wrong, even though something is.

Cant decide if I love this car or not, Its to technical for me! Reformed

Post #101185 11th Jan 2012 5:17pm
Reformed

England 

You were correct Craig, the front right airbag is leaking, as quick as it fills it comes out!

Weirdly it never gave any errors.

It is now being fixed and my wallet is taking a small hammering!

Big Cry Reformed

Post #102099 17th Jan 2012 2:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>