Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Help needed Buy/Pass L405 SDV8 injector fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
l405rr_est

Estonia 
Help needed Buy/Pass L405 SDV8 injector fault

Hello everyone,

I´m a new member here. Long story short, test drove my brother-in-law´s l322 RR tdv8 autobiography and decided I need a RR as well....now! Very Happy

I´ve been looking into the L405 sdv8 or 5.0 SC. A good friend of mine who´s working on RR´s daily begged me to stay clear of the sdv8 and look for the 5.0 SC, but I´ve been offered a 2015 RR sdv8 Autobiography with 203k km´s (125k miles) for a really good price. Thing is, it is showing fault for number 7 injector and check engine light + lots of smoke from exhaust, according to the seller.
That´s where I need your help...should I stay clear of that car or could it be fixed without much drama?
I just downloaded the workshop manual and it describes the injector removal procedure but my friend just said every time they work on those engines, they need to be removed from the car. Is that true or can they be worked on in car (injectors in this case)?

Also he warned me that driving with a faulty injector in these cars end up damaging the pistons and possibly the block. So one faulty injector = damage to the whole engine? Thing is, the price they ask for the car + even a new built engine would still be cheaper than the cheapest 2013 RR on the market where I live.

Or hunt for a 5.0 SC RR and put the money saved from the engine repair works etc to the 5.0 gas tank?

Thanks for any advice! Looking forward to joining the FFRR family.

Post #694293 12th Jun 2024 9:28am
l405rr_est

Estonia 

just spoke to local dealership tech guy, said they would pass that car. No one knows how long it´s been driven with the faulty injector and could be multiple other problems. Suggested 5.0 SC Whistle

Post #694310 12th Jun 2024 12:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1