Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Off road height
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Rich86

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Nara Bronze

Noticed today that the oil inspection waring had also come on, so now we have "air suspension inactive", amber engine light and the oil warning message with a clock icon next to it.

I'm wondering if maybe the ECU could be at fault as all three came up before the car was serviced, the garage diagnosed faulty oxygen sensor for the amber light, fitted a new oxy sensor and then they gave it an oil service and all the messages and amber light cleared.

The suspension then worked and no there hasn't been any sagging at all and the car has always been completely level.

Now the dashboard messages and lights are all back so I'm suspicious tha this could be a bigger problem or maybe something simple?

Obviously suspension is locked out as the warning message is still on and will be so until its cleared.

. 2009 Vogue TDV8 Nara Bronze
2002 Vogue V8 Zambezi Silver
1986 90 Pick up Deep Bronze Green
1978 Series III SWB Deep Bronze Green

Post #187079 7th May 2013 5:27pm
STEV8

England 2005 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

Seems like you have got a few things going on there Rich.Oil light with clock next to it I don't understand-you have just had a service yes?Engine management light-Had similar on mine and it ended up being a couple of breather pipes that eventually perish due to age.Cheap fix but a nightmare to get to I think.Can`t see how either are related to EAS problem.It sounds like it`s working it`s n Censored ts off.then shutting down due to overheating.Maybe overworking because its knackered or it can`t keep up trying to replace lost air from somewhere.Sounds like you will be seeing your garage sooner rather than later so get them to read the codes and check for leaks on the bags using water.Even a pin hole leak will eventually finish off the compressor.Stick with it mate-it`s all part of the deal with the Rangies Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 05`V8 AUTOBIOGRAPHY

Post #187212 8th May 2013 2:52pm
Rich86

Hi Steve,

The amber engine light didn't come on this morning and has stayed off all day so I'm predicting that it may return or could never come back at all as you know how fickle these machines can be!

I would agree with you regarding the suspension. It would seem like the compressor is overheating for one reason or another and I will need to look into it. Can the fault be set with an IID or would a garage need to re-set the inactive message?

Also the oil service indicator seems to come on with a bleep when you start the ignition and is back lit then fades and is visible if you really look. Also on start up the actual mileage is replaced by "15,100" for a short time and then the mileage appears again replacing it. Does this mean that this is the amount of mileage that I have until the next oil service I wonder?

Post #187224 8th May 2013 4:25pm
STEV8

Hi Rich. all normal with the oil indicator.When you turn key it briefly says how many miles till next service then changes back to your normal mileage.You say you here a noise as well.If this is the infamous bong noise,it`s a warning that sounds when the car detects either a message or one of your warning lights are on.E.G Air Suspension Inactive.Have not got IID Tool but I am sure it can reset the suspension as well of lots of other things.Quite often the FFRR just needs a reset so its a handy thing to have unless you have a very understanding Indie who will reset F.O.C.Normally they charge about £40.Mine started needing reset every 3 weeks or so but eventually it would only last a day or so then trip off again.Until you resolve the cause it will just get worse in my opinion.I know it`s frustrating because like mine,when it`s working it seems to working as it should so you think the compressor must be ok.With hindsight if I had found the problem sooner (leaky airbags) I could have saved my compressor from going kaput.You live and learn though.Get your man to chech the bags and sensors etc though. t hese are quick tests for them to do and you can rule them out once checked.let us know how you get on 05`V8 AUTOBIOGRAPHY

Post #187343 9th May 2013 9:04am
Rich86

Morning Steve,

Yes the sound is a bong similar to the chime when you need to fasten your seat belts on an airplane. I think the bong is due to the air inactive message.

With the oil service message does this normally show all the time. Mine shows briefly on starting and then shows mileage until next service then it's greyed out and if you look closely at the instrument panel you can see it as black on dark grey if that makes sense.

I agree that I the real problem with the air suspension should be looked at. I will take the car back to the dealer where they serviced the car 2 weeks ago. Their diagnosis was that it needed a new compressor and relay, however I don't always trust health check type diagnosis as typically they can just say replace this replace that...

Are the air sacks relatively easy to check with water spray? If so I might not bother going back to them and may just try finding the fault myself.

Post #187350 9th May 2013 9:36am
STEV8

Hi Rich.The garage checked mine so I`m not sure how much of it is accessable.if you need a reset anyway,might as well let them check them as I don't think its a long job at all.My guy said`new compressor`straight away as most will do and I had the same reservations.If all they change is the compressor and do not sort out the underlying fault (if there is one) you will be back to square 1 eventually.i bit the bullet and had new one fitted and got them to check the bags/sensors etc at the same time,Thats when he found the leaks.probably the wrong way round to do things but there you go.i was getting sagging problems so it had to be sorted out .I am no good with the spanners so I have to trust in what my Indie says to me to a certain degree.Have a look and check for leaks yourself.best to do this in off-road height but you can`t do that without a reset.Oh yeah,oil message is normal-one less thing to worry about Thumbs Up 05`V8 AUTOBIOGRAPHY

Post #187425 9th May 2013 3:03pm
Rich86

Steve,

Thanks mate.

Will get the garage to reset and then check for leaks.

Glad oil message is normal...

Thumbs Up 2009 Vogue TDV8 Nara Bronze

Post #187441 9th May 2013 4:05pm
Rich86

Although the air susp inactive message is still on the dash today I noticed that when I walked away from the car after a drive the suspension was lowering to access level.

So what's going on? Is the air suspension working but because of the message the controls are frozen? Seems like the compressor is working ok but it's being operated automatically when the engine is stated and stopped.

I have tried to we the controls and can hear something whirring but nothing happens to the level, but clearly the air is being pumped up and down... 2009 Vogue TDV8 Nara Bronze

Post #187804 11th May 2013 8:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12