Print this entire topic · 
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Will, what's it in for now?

Yes, FBH only on diesels. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #9871 22nd Dec 2009 8:04pm
itguy

2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

Following my rear screen replacement - they forgot to tint it!! So back in yesterday and today to get that sorted - plus the software updates etc. FFRR TD6 06MY. Cairns Blue, Blue Hide. LR 7 Spoke 20" Wheels, S/C Grill and Vents. Privacy Glass and Side Steps

Post #9878 22nd Dec 2009 9:00pm
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

hi itguy, what software upgrades are you having done.. V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #9884 22nd Dec 2009 9:45pm
itguy

2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

Have had the core touch screen software updated to fix my fuel burning heater problem (kept loosing the time) and also to allow the tech to enable nav input on the move for me. FFRR TD6 06MY. Cairns Blue, Blue Hide. LR 7 Spoke 20" Wheels, S/C Grill and Vents. Privacy Glass and Side Steps

Post #9885 22nd Dec 2009 9:54pm
RRVSE

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Corris Grey

You can also check if you've got a FBH by looking just behind the front passenger side (assuming rhd) wheel arch (nearest the 'A' column) at the bottom and you should also be able to see the end of the small exhaust pipe. In the current weather, mine is chucking out a small smoke screen from time to time (has never done this over past 2 yrs) whilst warming the engine on starting and especially if I stop 4-5 mins later when the engine is still cold when the FBH continues to run for a few more minutes. Last week a guy shouted to me as he thought my car was in fire!! I had the dealer check it and he says they have had several FFRRs come in over the past few weeks and just put it down to temp/ climate conditions. Steve

Main car : FFRR L405 Vogue SDV8
Other car : Vauxhall Lotus Carlton
Past cars : FFRR L322 Vogue TD6 SE (Sept 2006 MY07) ; LandCruiser SWB ; 4-Runner ; Supras; XJS V12 LeMans

Post #9988 27th Dec 2009 1:40am
speedymarktd6

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

assuming an individual does have the FBH option i understand it runs of the diesel for fuel BUT it uses the battery for power thats why if you leave it on for ages your battery is flat correct ? now my question is can the FBH be run off say a power supply ran to the vehicle from the mains in the home therefore eliminating the flat battery problem ? onto no6 Range Rover

Everyone needs a hobby

Post #10489 5th Jan 2010 7:17pm
nbunney

United Kingdom 

Speedy

Yes,

put a battery charger on your battery Rolling with laughter

Post #10490 5th Jan 2010 7:19pm
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

hi all, i have had a call from landrover, they confirmed a petrol range rover will not have FBH
But couldnt tell me why i have the option in my menu.
daveo V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #10493 5th Jan 2010 7:33pm
nbunney

United Kingdom 

Easy, because it's not worth the cost to take it out of the menu, just for the petrol versions.

You would then need 2 versions.

Post #10499 5th Jan 2010 7:49pm
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

RRVSE wrote:
You can also check if you've got a FBH by looking just behind the front passenger side (assuming rhd) wheel arch (nearest the 'A' column) at the bottom and you should also be able to see the end of the small exhaust pipe. In the current weather, mine is chucking out a small smoke screen from time to time (has never done this over past 2 yrs) whilst warming the engine on starting and especially if I stop 4-5 mins later when the engine is still cold when the FBH continues to run for a few more minutes. Last week a guy shouted to me as he thought my car was in fire!! I had the dealer check it and he says they have had several FFRRs come in over the past few weeks and just put it down to temp/ climate conditions.

We service a lot of FBH of differing makes and models fitted in boats and they virtually all smoke on start up and shut down but they all run on red diesel, if the FBH is working correctly and running on the white stuff it shouldnt smoke at all, it might be a simple case of it needing a service which basicaly consists of a de-coke.

One problem with the FBH fitted to cars is that once they have got the engine water temp up to normal they shut down meaning they dont run for very long usually about 20 mins, they could probably do with running a lot longer and running through there cycle a few times before shutting down that might help burn off any built up carbon in the heat tube, just my opinion of course Thumbs Up

Post #10527 5th Jan 2010 10:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12