Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > New lower/raising module & diag.tool - beta testers reqd
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

New lower/raising module & diag.tool - beta testers reqd

Hi Everyone,
Just to make sure I'm not stepping on any toes right off the bat: this is a commercial thread - well, at least somewhat commercial. Razz

I am a long standing member on FFRangeRover.com but I am switching sides - I'm now officially a forum sponsor. Cool

I've gotten together with two other guys who are active on the forum at rangerovers.net (Christian (ChrisGAPInnov), Patrick (PatGAPInnov)) as GAP Diagnostic. We have two new products for Land Rovers/Range Rovers at the moment: the EASControl which allows the modification of the height parameters stored in the EAS ECU (and limited diagnostic functionality of the EAS system) and the IIDTool which offers diagnostic functionality on (nearly) all vehicle systems for the RR L322 2002-05, RR L322 2006-09, Range Rover Sport 2005-09, and Disco3 2004-09.

Both units are OBD. This means that there is no installation: you plug them in the OBD socket, use, unplug, and toss into the glove box. Once plugged in, you activate the system with the resume button of the cruise control. The menu is displayed on the vehicle's message center in the instrument cluster and the menu is navigated via the cruise control buttons. Unplug when you're done. That's it!

The EASControl is by far the most advanced method to raise or lower an EAS equipped LR – no wires are cut, no links added and no trips to a shop with a diagnostic computer. Limited numbers of the beta version are available at $250. If interested, please let us know via PM or email to ObdEascBeta@GAP-Diagnostic.com .

The IIDTool is the big brother to the EASControl. It has all the EAS functionality the EASControl has and is a full diagnostic system as well. The advantage of the IIDTool over any other diagnostic system is that it is only about the size of a box of matches and requires no additional cables/laptops/etc. This unit is being offered in a beta version for testing at $365. We are contractually bound to offer only 50 units of each vehicle type (We've managed to secure a good deal for worldwide distribution for our products – we will announce with whom ASAP). If interested, please let us know via PM or email to IIDToolBeta@GAP-Diagnostic.com .

We are very interested in hearing your comments, ideas, or suggestions. And we will try to answer any questions you might have.

I will do a detailed post on both units seperately in the next few days.

Here are several short vids showing some of the functionality:
Activation/unlock

Entering/navigating the menu

Fault clearing IIDTool

Changing height settings EASControl (works on the IIDTool as well)

RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Last edited by SteveMFr on 19th Oct 2011 1:54pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #77179 22nd Aug 2011 10:33pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Steve hi, received mine end of last week and lowered the SC imediately... Very happy with results thus far. Small glitch with airbag light but understand a fix has been posted to me already. 5 stars for the unit and the service from Christian & co... Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #77184 22nd Aug 2011 11:52pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

Glad you're happy, Craig! 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s

Post #77186 23rd Aug 2011 7:25am
stu

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Orkney Grey

just watched all your video clips, this looks very straight forward and very useful!! How long will it be before the finished item is ready for sale? what sort of back up/ update package is available? i obviously presume that if you had a problem with the vehicle or the unit you would be available to give help guidance, also if updates are developed by you they would be made available to owners.

great work anyway and i will follow this with interest. Current: TDV8 (3.6) RRS HSE

Past: TDV8(4.4) Vogue
Discovery 3 Commercial
TDV8(3.6) Vogue
TD6 Vogue
D2 V8 ES
D1 V8 ES
RR Vogue Classic

Post #77211 23rd Aug 2011 11:35am
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

Hi Stu,
Thanks. Both units are actually very easy to use - very intuitive.

Beta testers will upgrade to a new unit with USB and new SW for free (save the cost of return postage - not much for a unit this small, tho). The USB connector will allow us to offer future updates via the inernet.

We will try to provide not only a good product but good customer service as well. As far as it's possible, we will be there to help. Unfortunately we will not be able to repair your car for you tho. Very Happy 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s

Post #77213 23rd Aug 2011 12:03pm
33CHINACARS

Australia 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Still waiting for my IIDTool Stev hope its not too much longer

Gary

Post #77247 23rd Aug 2011 4:12pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

Hi Gary,
I literally just came inside from debug session for the TD6 software. Christian is working on the changes as we speak and we'll work on the vehicle again as soon as he is ready. He hopes to have all probs sorted within the next couple of days.

We've not forgotten you. Cool (or the other TD6 owners...) 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s

Post #77261 23rd Aug 2011 5:34pm
33CHINACARS

Thanks Stev

Good to hear I'm not forgotten Very Happy Very Happy

Gary

Post #77365 24th Aug 2011 2:48am
tboner001

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Fuji White

lowering working on a 2011 MY ? Far to many gone...

Post #77378 24th Aug 2011 6:57am
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

tboner001 wrote:
lowering working on a 2011 MY ?

Actually it probably would. The problem is you wouldn't see anything you're doing due to the new display.
Laughing

We'll get around to it. Hopefully before the end of the year. 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s

Post #77385 24th Aug 2011 7:57am
swast4

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Received my IIDTool a couple of days ago, very impressed, can't believe how small it is. Very easy to use and read & reset faults, not so easy to deceipher what they mean but Christian has been very helpfull translating. I look forward to having more time to have a proper play and will report back.

Adam

Post #77465 24th Aug 2011 5:31pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

Hi Adam,
Yes it is true that while the faults are listed in plain English and not just codes, knowing what a fault means and where next to look to rectify the problem is the next difficult step - even more difficult than simply reading the fault itself. This is why there are still good garages and bad garages despite all having access to similar diagnostic equipment.

One item that we are working on and hope to start implementing in the next weeks/months is the documentation: information on individual faults, information on possible causes, and information on how to carry out the repair once the fault has been identified. Even with comprehensive documentation, though, experience, thought, and the ability to properly carry out the repairs are required to properly use any diagnostic system. This is the difference between good garages and bad garages.

If we leave the convenience, speed, portability, simplicity, and - above all - economy aside, the IIDTool provides diagnostic functionality costing 4 to 5 times as much only a few months ago. And we will continue to improve on this. This, btw, is also one of the reasons we decided to go with a large distributor: we hope that we can use this advantage to create and provide documentation that would ordinarily not be possible for a smaller company such as ourselves. 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s

Post #77512 25th Aug 2011 10:24am
33CHINACARS

Hey Stev Don't forget this and other forums to help once fault diagonsed. As they are a wealth of knowledge & advice. Would never have bought a R.R. without their suport.

Gary

Post #77517 25th Aug 2011 11:16am
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

Very true, Gary.

Without the forums I wouldn't have gotten together with Christan and Patrick - and Storey would likely not have ever started RSW Solutions.

Cool 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s

Post #77543 25th Aug 2011 1:31pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

TD6 progress!! Hopefully update w/in the next day or 2! 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s

Post #77680 26th Aug 2011 11:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>