Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Nabbler

Wales 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

JayGee wrote:
dingg1 wrote:
Snitches get stitches

Hold your own counsel

Thanks for that advice which has made my mind up to send in the footage Thumbs Up

Perhaps purchase a speed gun and folding chair. That would give something to do on a Tuesday afternoon. 2021 SVautobiography Dynamic Black ( Black wheels need to go )
1997 C140 Mercedes Benz CL500

Post #701598 6th Oct 2024 9:31am
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

I'm not really interested in speeding but thanks for making me Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #701602 6th Oct 2024 9:48am
Stephen.125

2017 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver

As depressed as I am about the dreadful nanny state and our previous and current governments encouraging us all to turn on each other as "grasses" I trust your judgement.

If it made you uncomfortable enough to ask on a forum... (assuming you're not one of the dreadful middle aged "I am always right" lot that sometimes bleat on my local area's FB pages... you were unsettled/curious enough to be concerned. I think that says a lot.

This, like all others is an opinion, and therefore as useful as a rice paper oar. Very Happy but it's also a forum you asked on, so I'm engaging in the discussion.

Best,

Stephen Formerly happymadison1978

Post #701664 6th Oct 2024 10:01pm
Happydaze

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

Isn't that what YouTube is for aka the Monetised Court of Public Opinion? Laughing

There's a couple of channels there I've been unfortunate enough to come accross, not appear in I hasten to add, which claim to show dangerous driving, and have verging on psychotic overdubs, but in reality are as lame as hell! Seems everyone wants to publish stuff irrespective of its merit. Conversely, there's some scary Censored that makes me want to not venture out!

Chris

Post #701675 6th Oct 2024 11:27pm
AndyRoo

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Fuji White

Hi,

Those traffic guys do an incredible job, yes, they can be petty at times, but if you had to turn out to some of the carnage those guys have deal with plus the nutters, drunks and druggies on a daily basis, and you get to understand why they can be a bit arsy with us at times. They deserve every respect in my opinion.

I can't physically punch these stupid road Censored in the face that put mine and my families lives in danger, so I have no hesitation on posting what I see to help clear these folks off our streets.

Shame we are not living in times past as they'd simply be removed from the gene pool.

A. Fuji White / Jet 2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster

Post #701684 7th Oct 2024 8:55am
Scouse Exile

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

AndyRoo wrote:
Shame we are not living in times past as they’d simply be removed from the gene pool

That’s a bit strong Andy old boy!! I know the far right is enjoying somewhat of a resurgence but suggesting their poster boy Adolf had the right idea is probably not very modern.

To address the point made, there simply isn’t enough traffic cars on the roads and, together with other reasons, this has accelerated a severe drop in the standard of driving.

I think if used in the right way, and punished for the most severe cases, what is being suggested by JayGee seems a fair solution.

J

Post #701688 7th Oct 2024 9:48am
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

Lets be clear I'm not sending in footage of people's mistakes on the road (we all make them) or just sub standard driving which is everywhere. It's clear examples of aggessive and dangerous manouvers that endanger others. I also want to remind people that this is the situation on the roads today i.e a lot of people have dashcams and you should be aware when you are driving that if you decide to take an uneccassary risk you may well be being filmed. 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #701696 7th Oct 2024 11:31am
Scouse Exile

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

I think that’s a perfectly fair thing to do.

The worst thing I’ve seen in the last year was two cars on the M1 racing each other at somewhere between 90-100 passing on the hard shoulder and then moving across all lanes to undertake or overtake other cars. It was quite literally the worst driving I’ve seen in my near 40 years on the road.

In the light of the terrible death of a young pregnant woman on the M66 from a speeding driver filming himself, I think the fact members of the public have this option is very welcome. See here;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-67099209.amp

The difficultly is that some “plastic police” hopefuls might get a bit carried away. The sort of guys who ride white motorbikes with blue and white chequers and a hi-viz saying “polite ……blab blah” on the back 😁

J

Post #701698 7th Oct 2024 12:07pm
Nabbler

Wales 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Regarding the Polite brigade with hi vizes. I was a traffic officer for over 25yrs driving, riding even spent a little time in the helicopter and you will be amazed how driving standards changed when I was kitted out in full uniform on the motorcycle. It’s not for me to wear these polite tops and hi viz ( apart what’s attached via the manufactures apparel ) but I can see why some do for self preservation.
It does always bring a rye smile though looking into their eyes when they pass. 2021 SVautobiography Dynamic Black ( Black wheels need to go )
1997 C140 Mercedes Benz CL500

Post #701716 7th Oct 2024 6:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12