Home > General (L405) > confused......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
andyleeds

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver
confused......

hi everyone

my search for a RR has now moved to D300 mhev...... there seem to be a lot of Westminster and Westminster black, does anyone know what the rough difference is between these and an SE? I thought AB was the one to have but apparently it's possible to have a better specced SE than an AB? Shocked

Post #700903 26th Sep 2024 5:01pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

It's always been possible to have a 'better' spec on a 'lower' model - depending on what feature it is that you're looking for.....

The only way to really think of trim levels is as a basket of options - added for a lower price than adding them individually. However, there can be other options that aren't standard on an AB - like maybe deployable steps, or the top sound system, which could have been added as an option to a 'lower' model.

What's included in a trim level can vary by model year, so not always an easy answer. AB generally has the most as standard, but doesn't mean it has everything possible. It may have a load of stuff that you don't value & be missing things that you want.

All I ever do is figure out what toys I want & look for them.

Post #700905 26th Sep 2024 5:12pm
Arch Stanton

England 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

and throw into the equation that in the 2020 to 2022 period, the covid issues of getting the correct componets was an issue so you are best looking at the car itself, in person and going through a checklist of what you want compared to what is fitted.

I'm in a position where I have well specced AB 2018, but wanting a newer L405 but the newer ABs virtually al have a lower spec. I';m minded to keep First time FFRR owner

Post #700918 26th Sep 2024 11:31pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Noticed this when looking for mine , westminsters are traditionally run out models . Noticed that loads have the additional roof speakers in the front but not the full signature system , clearly getting rid of parts . As others have said , only way to tell is to see the build sheet for what they have.

Post #700921 27th Sep 2024 6:59am
DaveBL405

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV6 Balmoral Blue

I would second this - I've just bought a 2021 D300 AB but had to search for ages to find the spec and milage that I wanted. I hadn't noticed much in the way of COVID impact, though I'm sure there was some differences. You can get the dealer to source the build sheet for you so you can check off precisely what was on the car's build - rather than relying on the dealer description which can sometimes be a bit inprecise!

Post #701136 30th Sep 2024 2:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1