Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Parking stuff issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Jol1

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Java Black
Parking stuff issue

Morning, and apologies first of all as this has probably been posted but I can't find the same sort of issue.

I have bought an old l322 on 2005, wondered what I'd done at first but I now love the car and I want to restore it to mint as best I can. Don't a few small things, upgraded bulbs, tidied up couple of bits but I want everything working!

My parking sensors make a tone and the switch flashes but don't actually work! I've bought a new sensor as I thought one was out but now I've come to fit it and listened more closely all sensors are clicking away. Despite this they still don't actually detect anything, just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for my next port of call, thanks in advance for any advice

Post #698844 26th Aug 2024 5:54am
Kiss My Carbon Footprint

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Orkney Grey

Jol,

I did see a thread the other day suggesting that PDC problems can arise from improper suspension height calibration.

But more commonly this will be down to a failed PDC module. If selecting reverse or pressing the PDC button results in a long beep from PDC followed by no further beeps, then it's probably the module.

Not familiar with 2005 model year. But the module is usually located in the rear nearside electronics bay. There are plenty of used examples on eBay for not a lot of money. But a note of caution here should your car have reversing camera with proximity graphics (yellow/orange/red bars). The module for these cars is likely to be rarer second hand and quite expensive should you have to buy new as a result.

Correction - thread at this link suggests for your model year the PDC module may be located in the rear offside electrics bay :

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic46410.html

Worth taking a look at this one also :
https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic58516...ng+sensors

Good luck.

Warwick 2011 L322 TDV8 A/b Orkney Grey
2008 Defender 90 XS TDCi Java Black
2002 L322 TD6 Vogue Zambezi Silver (gone but not forgotten)
And one or two bikes - Ok, maybe more than one or two....

Last edited by Kiss My Carbon Footprint on 27th Aug 2024 11:39pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #698979 27th Aug 2024 11:36pm
Jol1

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Java Black

Thanks very much Warwick, I wish I had the camera! I'm looking to install one if I find one to suit

Post #699095 30th Aug 2024 5:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1