Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Android head unit - audio issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Steveg

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Orkney Grey
Android head unit - audio issues

I installed an Android head unit at the weekend. I’m getting low speed audio interference that differs with revs. Also when playing any audio, FM, DAB, Spotify (download & live stream) I get a constant audio hiss.

Has anybody else had this?

Post #698488 20th Aug 2024 9:57pm
Ian Donkin

2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Many moons ago, when I was a youngster messing about with my first cars, audio hiss / interference that differed with revs was usually an electrical noise suppression issue.

I wouldn't expect this on a modern although on our family Caravelle, when I was trying to improve the lighting by fitting LED headlights, the interference was so bad that we couldn't get any radio reception!

Have you tried asking the supplier if they have seen this before? Long shot, I know, but some of them can be quite helpful.

It actually looks like a decent upgrade - if you can get it to work successfully, I'd be interested in understanding more about it.... 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDv8

Post #698548 21st Aug 2024 5:54pm
Steveg

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Orkney Grey

Thanks Ian. I’ve had a look and there are some radio filters in the stock system. I plugged the Fibre optic connection from the back of the factory head unit into the new one. I’ve noticed that some of the installs re-route the connectors from the audio unit in the passenger footwell up to the back of the head unit and use this Fibre optic connector. So maybe that’s something I should have done too - so I will give that a try.

I’m planning to install a dab+ usb dongle, so need to take it all apart again. So I can try both and see if that makes an improvement.

Post #698786 24th Aug 2024 7:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1