Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > About to upgrade - a couple of questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Eddthedoc

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver
About to upgrade - a couple of questions

Hi all. After a year in a 2008 3.6 V8 diesel both me and my wife want to upgrade. In fact we have a deposit on a 2019 p525 AB with FLRSH and low miles
The petrol costs we have factored into a minimum of 3 years of ownership and are content.
One question is that of a good Dashcam arrangement. Our second car is a Tesla which is brimming with cameras and its Dashcam arrangement has already got us out of a sticky situation so we would be keen to have one in our FFRR. Is there any way the cameras on the FFRR can be set to record or do we have to purchase an aftermarket solution? I can’t see anything in the online handbook that says you can. The research I’ve done looks like wiring in a front Dashcam won’t be too much of a chore but adding in a rear solution will be. Your opinions and experience much appreciated.
My final question is whether there is an accessory I shouldn’t be without. For my L322 it was the GAP IID tool. For the L405 an extended warranty would be pretty invaluable in my view. Again, thoughts?

Post #698667 23rd Aug 2024 12:25pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

it would be great if the built in cameras could be used but unfortunetly they cant.

landrover do a dashcam that integrates into the rear view mirror, cam-tec-craig ,amongst had one fitted..do a search for that info.
aftermarket dashcams are easily fitted, again do a search .

defo go for a LR approved used vehicle as you get a comprehensive warranty and breakdown cover for a year.

if you buy from inchscape then you can benefit from their warranty packages which are identical to the LR one and a third of the price.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #698671 23rd Aug 2024 1:27pm
cass

United Kingdom 

If you're buying yours as an approved used LR vehicle then there might be a way to get an extended warranty.
This week I've just bought a 20 plate car from an LR main dealer planning on paying cash, the bloke who makes the decisions (not the "sales executive") said if I took some finance JLR would pay £500 towards the deposit and this would be matched by the dealer. A second year of JLR warranty would be added for free. You can pay off the finance once you've made the first payment.
I'm always very cynical if something looks too good to be true but the car I bought was well priced, the P/Ex offer was way better than I expected, I can only guess that this is a good week to be buying and JLR are trying to shift some stock in advance of the 74 plates?

Post #698693 23rd Aug 2024 4:52pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

The generic LR front and rear dashcam is very good. Thankfully I have not needed to use it as evidence in any sort of situation, but they work well with the app and it's easy to use. All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #698750 24th Aug 2024 11:12am
smitht2

United Kingdom 

I like this idea!! Can I ask - is this the "Full" LR extended warranty, not the lower version with a lower limit on claims? If it is the full one, then I'm tempted to do the same, and get Finance to get the 2nd year warranty and then pay it off.

Post #698789 24th Aug 2024 8:19pm
cass

United Kingdom 

Yes it is the unlimited version,

Post #698793 24th Aug 2024 11:10pm
Arch Stanton

England 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Re the LR extended warranty, I am coming towards the end of my 2 year deal and would rather like to extend it further, is that possible do we know?

BMW did it with my 335i that I kept to 160k+ miles and a few sizeable claims. First time FFRR owner

Post #698806 25th Aug 2024 10:20am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

if its under 10 years old and under 100k miles then you should automatically get a 'welcome' pack through the post.. Very Happy ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #698807 25th Aug 2024 10:38am
Arch Stanton

England 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

lovely cheers Stan, First time FFRR owner

Post #698809 25th Aug 2024 10:50am
garyRR

United Kingdom 

Quite straightforward to fit dash cameras. The front one you can either buy a piggyback loom that plugs the camera into the power supply to the interior lights in the overhead console, or you can send the wire down the A pillar into the fuse box and run it from the heated steering wheel fuse (if you want it ignition controlled).

The rear camera isn't a major chore, but you will need to feed the wire through the cable grommet and then down the rear pillar (easy enough to pop the trim off) into the rear fuse box. You can tap into the rear 12V socket fuse. 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #698840 25th Aug 2024 10:41pm
Eddthedoc

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Thanks so much everyone. Really helpful replies.
I asked my dealer about those finance contribution deals and he said they were only for existing or recent JLR finance customers as a sort of ‘loyalty’ bonus and anyway the offer was over.
I’m not quite planning to give up yet!

Post #698921 27th Aug 2024 1:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1