Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Welcome to fullfatrr.com - introduce yourself here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 285 of 285 <123 ... 283284285
Print this entire topic · 
Blob

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Stopping in to say Hi.

I'm Richard and I have a problem... Well, 3.5 Land Rover problems I guess!

I'm quite active on another forum but I knew there was a tech guide on here and I needed to register to be able to search so I figured, why not?

I'm lucky enough to have a few vehicles but in the LR stakes I have:

2011 L322 4.4 TDV8 Vogue in Santorini Black with Ivory trim - Current Daily driver.
2009 L322 3.6 TDV8 Vogue in Buckingham Blue with Parchment trim - For sale
2013 L319 3.0 SDV6 HSE in Baltic Blue with Black trim (the wife's treasured D4)
2010 L320 3.0 TDV6 HSE in Stornaway Grey with Black Trim (supposed to be a quick fix and flip with my brother but he has been driving it for months now and so I half-own this).

I do pretty much all of the work myself, had a few adventures with the oily and air bits of course but that's the joy of owning these.

Into other cars and bikes too but those are stories for another day.

Post #698012 13th Aug 2024 6:59pm
October

United Kingdom 

Hi all, I have been driving Solihulls finest for 42 years.
Only have my series 1 at the moment.
But hopefully I will venturing into a L405 5.0 SC in the coming months.
Cheers Paul. From Leyland.Lancashire

Post #698208 16th Aug 2024 5:50pm
ATE

France 2005 Range Rover Autobiography Td6 Santorini Black

Hello from Barbados. (Unfortunately, Barbados is not in the list of countries, so had to choose my birth country...)
We are Land Rover owners...we own:

A 1959 Series 2A 2.25 Petrol converted to 2.5 diesel NA (not original but not heavily modified)
A 1998 Disco 1 2 door 300Tdi (just overhauled the engine end of last year after 420000 k on the clock)
A 2005 Defender TD5 (waiting for the engine to come out and change rear leaking crank seal)
A 2005 Range Rover L322 Td6 with GM transmission
A 2013 Range Rover Evoque 2.0 Petrol

Post #698336 18th Aug 2024 7:35pm
AJZ1004

United States 2016 Range Rover HSE 3.0 SC V6 Fuji White

Glad to be here

Post #698794 25th Aug 2024 12:45am
Jol1

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Java Black

Evening! New to the site and the l322

Post #698830 25th Aug 2024 6:34pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

welcome all to the forum Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #698835 25th Aug 2024 9:04pm
Inigo

United Kingdom 

Hello All

Just picked up a new (to me) 2019 SVA. I've had several Land Rovers (110, Defender, 2 x D4), but this is my first Range Rover.

Bought approved used from a main dealer, it is a thing of beauty and an absolute pleasure to drive.

Unfortunately, it is now dead on my drive. Cannot even open it as battery is dead. I was speaking to another member on the disco3 forum who was interested in my D4 before I traded it in that I wouldn't consider buying a vehicle if a forum such as this didn't exist. Looks like I'm going to really need to make use of all the information stored here.

Post #699233 1st Sep 2024 11:24am
SDMGADGET

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

hi very interested to give this site a go.
I have had land rovers for 30 years but new to range rover,a very different beast.

Post #699357 2nd Sep 2024 11:41pm
jphrrhou

United States 

Glad to be here and picked up a P550e

Post #699388 3rd Sep 2024 4:34pm
he-man

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver
New user in not so Sunny Scotland

Just introducing myself as I'm picking up a new to me late 2014 5.0 SC Autobiography at the weekend and thought it best to join this forum after all the research done prior to purchase. Certainly seems to be a very active and helpful bunch of folk which is great.
Hoping the scaremongering about FFRR's is all just by people not maintaining these queens of the road in the condition they should be kept.

Post #699438 4th Sep 2024 8:54am
CanadianGeese

Canada 

Hi All, I've always been a lover of the old Range Rovers from the late 90s and now that my restoration of my bmw e39 540i is done I'm starting to read more about the Range Rover platform before jumping in!
Thanks for all the valuable info that can be found here!

Post #699557 5th Sep 2024 2:17pm
carideomL322

United States 2011 Range Rover Supercharged 5.0 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Hello, my name is Mike. I live in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. I purchased a Ranger Rover 'L322 Supercharged' just over a year ago. Unfortunately for me, I purchased the car in the state of Maryland, USA, which, has no "Lemon Law". Lemon laws in the US afford purchasers specific rights if the purchased vehicle turns out to have many problems--and mine does. I do all repairs on my vehicles. I'm currently finishing up an engine rebuild for a 2008 Avalon (Toyota). I joined this site for the many benefits of discussing vehicle problems, pro and cons with those who have "been-there, done-that". My current initiative is to obtain a repair and service manual for the 5L supercharged engine in my 2011 L322. Anyway, I look forward to discussions and comments. Thanks, Mike.

Post #699854 10th Sep 2024 2:11am
MP3C

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

All,

Introduction of myself and reasons for getting a L322 Range Rover. (I have tired to make a bit of a story of it, sorry in advance but I enjoyed writing it)

I am an amateur mechanic in my mind, whenever I have owned a car I have always made sure the car I was buying put a smile on my face… yes that even included a Ford Fiesta when I was younger, loved that little car. I also promised myself I would always own two cars, which is why I current I have a Kit Car as my hobby car, which I am rebuilding, but now that has almost finished, I think I have decided I need something which may require a bit of… love… but let’s go back a little. My previous car is where I got my love for Range Rovers, I got myself an Evoque back in 2019. It was beautiful, I loved driving it and put over 80,000 happy miles on it in 5 years! Nothing really went wrong with the car until about 2 years ago I had the steering rack, turbo (manged to change myself) and timing chain replacement most of the issues I couldn’t really do myself so really didn’t get to do much work to it myself and it had cost me quite a lot in the garage. I had decided that I want something to put the smile back on my face, my Evoque was still great but I felt I had done my time with it and it deserved a new owner. I had been looking at the Range Rover Sports for a while, (there is another story about looking for what car I want, it has taken me around 6 months to decide) but I think what sold me on my current car now was a few suggested videos on YouTube from the channel “Sam's Motor & Machine”. Watching him work on the older L322 and looking like he thoroughly enjoying every moment of it made my mind up, why spend a fortune on a modern car when you can get something with age and refined decadence from a car that costs so little! With everybody I know mocking that it would be in the garage constantly and a lot of other jokes, I thought great, I see it as a challenge, to get something that has fallen a little through the cracks and needed a bit of TLC. So that brings my to my L322!

I bought this car around a month ago now, it had the engine warning light on, rusty boot and hadn’t been washed or anything before I went to look at it, but was told it ran like a dream, which it did after testing. It had been sitting for a few years on a driveway due to an illness in the family but the late owner absolutely loved his Land Rovers and Jags. The family I bought it from were lovely and really enjoyed the experience of buying it which I think has put a big smile on my face right from the start.

Following the purchase, as I mentioned warning lights, I will list the issues I have found, some have been fixed, some are in progress and some are awaiting fixing however currently enjoyed working on all.

• Engine light when purchased was a stuck actuator on the LH side. Following information from this forum about the code, I spent around 6 hours one morning with a screwdriver as long as my arm, an oil can with a great big straw, spraying and jiggling the actuator arm while looking at a borescope camera to see what I was doing. As I said, 6 hours in this position nearly killed me, (I’m only 34) I had a sore neck, sore hands from taking my knuckles off at every opportunity, however the joy came from when it started moving and finally freed it up. The most expensive part of the job was the sheer quantity of double A batteries the borescope chewed through!
• Oil change (ill point out quickly that I got so lucky with this job) I had decided, that rather than crawling around on the floor, covering myself and every inch of my driveway in oil, I would get a pneumatic oil pump, due to it requiring 9.7l of oil, I thought my 10l container would be rather risky. So, upon starting the drain process I wiped my brow with relief when the quantity of oil in the pump container went over 10l and all the way to 13l!!!!! Way overfilled and concerning at the garage that did the previous oil change, and 3l of oil more in the container than would have been on my and my driveway had I used my little container! Sheer relief from both the cleanliness of the job and that I had decided to change the oil less than a week after I bought it! Following the change, my idle RPM does not surge anymore, which I was curious as to why it was doing it prior to the oil change.
• Heated Drivers seat. I have found I have a broken duct and the pelter unit is dud on the rear of the drivers seat, so currently waiting for the new part to arrive! Again licking my wounds on this one as my thumbs are still sore!
• Suspension arms, I have worn bushes so will be changing the upper and lower suspension arms this weekend.
• Rusty boot lid. I have bought colour match paint and top coat for my spray gun in preparation for a boot lid that isn’t the correct colour, just waiting for the “right one”
• New tyres, I want to switch all to the Pirelli Scorpion all seasons.
• Refurbish the alloy wheels
• Fix the sun roof
• New LED lights inside
• Transmission oil change (understand I need somebody to do this for me with their dialysis machine)
• Diff oil changes.
• Rust protection on the underside
• Rear arch repairs
• New wiper arms and blades or refurbish current.
• Second Polish

So, these are all the issues I have currently found, however, every morning I wake up to go to work and when at work, I look forward to driving the car, it puts a massive smile on my face and just love it. It's worth the tax and MPG every day and fits in the environment that I work (on a country estate). I am looking forward to seeing you all around the forum.

Thanks for reading... if you got to the end Shocked

Click image to enlarge

Post #700000 12th Sep 2024 9:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 285 of 285 <123 ... 283284285