Home > My Range Rover > Overfinch TDV8 Two Tone Special
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
OEM+

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Barolo Black

Click image to enlarge

Hello all!!

Wow how time disappears. Progress has been made slowly. 95% of the white gloss has been removed, interestingly the metal effort required far out weighs the physical effort required. Still needs the top tailgate painting and the body kit/bumpers need painting.

Cut out the rust in the dog legs and also decided to go large and buy the sill ends even though they aren't seen. I could have patched it up as the sideskirt covers the sill but I'd know it wouldn't have been right under there so sill sections it was. I was expecting worse, the jacking points are structurally sound so pleased with that. Also I hate filler so after gentle grinding of the welding they'll only need the thinnest of skims when it goes to the body shop.

So due to it sitting for so long without being driven its not as happy as it once was. Still runs with no lights on the dashboard but is now blue smoking noticeably and also has a slight misfire when its in D, disappears once you drive off. After doing a bit of research it would seem the turbo/turbos aren't sealing quite as good as they should be. Had a look at the access with the engine still in and wasn't something I'd want to do in place. I'm sure I could have fiddled around under it turning bolts 1/4 of a thread at a time but that's not for me. The misfire looks to be EGR related so they need either blanking or a bath in my ultrasonic cleaner. After thinking about putting the EGR's in the ultrasonic I also wouldn't mind getting the injector out so give them a deep clean too.....all of these 'jobs' plus looking at some of the brake pipes getting very crusty it was enough for me to decide on pulling the engine out.
Thankfully everything came apart just fine and as of last night got the engine, gearbox, transfercase, full front subframe complete with suspension and brakes completely dropped out and pulled forward. Not bad considering it was me on my tod doing it.

The list of stuff and things to do is getting ever bigger but its fine, I like the challenge plus it'll give me chance to clean all the rust off and paint everything so it'll look pretty swish underneath when I've finished. The most annoying part so far has been the seized nipples in the Brembos, I don't know why because I was expecting it to happen but really didn't want it to happen..funny how the smallest things do my head in sometimes.

Anyway.....that's the progress so far. Chipping along slowly but still moving forward. One day I may actually get it finished and drive it one day haha!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #698774 24th Aug 2024 2:14pm
DrF

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Orkney Grey

Wow OEM+, I admire your effort and nerve, jolly good luck keep the updates coming as going to be quite a project and looking good Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #698778 24th Aug 2024 3:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12