Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Need help - G4 tank guard RR l322 installation instruction
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Jareku

Czech Republic 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black
Need help - G4 tank guard RR l322 installation instruction

Dear friends,

i am looking for your help:
i am an owner of RR L322 TDV8, 2007 and live in Czechia. Few weeks ago i was lucky, because i found an ad - used Range Rover L322 skid plates to sell... i bought them... yesterday we tried to install them. The front plate was no problem. But the G4 tank guard (MANTEC DA2316) made us crazy... we can not figure how to mount it... i found some pictures on your G4 owners web site but could not find any installation/assembly instructions on the internet..... The mounting points - picture with yellow circles are "well known" Smile but on the second picture in the orange "box" - there we have no idea, where the mounting points might be... or what to dismount to install the guard...or if "something" important - a mounting adapter... - is missing.. Does anyone have installation instructions or advice on how to do it? I will be grateful for any advice.

Thank you and regards,
Jaromir

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic35269.aspx

Post #694061 8th Jun 2024 11:33am
Jareku

Post #694062 8th Jun 2024 11:45am
Weejock

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

Hi,
Like you say the front ones are easy (yellow circle in your photo), they just go where the existing plastic tank guard bolts to. I bolted mine over the top of the plastic guard although you are probbaly meant to remove it.
I can't see the ones in the orange box you mention as your photo is not displaying for me.
However the rear requires two adapter plates which should come with the guard but may be missing. There is one bracket for each rear corner which attaches to the guard and then twists through 90 degrees to bolt to the subframe behind the front mounting point of the lower arm. If you look in the subframe you'll see two holes from the factory and this is where it bolts into.
A photo of mine fitted is below, red arrow is the bracket:

I've borrowed the photo below from Ebay and circled in red where the brackets bolt into on the subframe:

It's a bit fiddly to install but can be done without removing the arm.

If you don't have the brackets you'll need to make up two 'L' shaped brackets and then bend the bottom of the L 90 degrees.

I hope that helps.

Post #694127 9th Jun 2024 4:07pm
Jareku

Hi, thank you very much for the perfect answer! The two 'L' adapters are missing... so i have to make them. Just one more request: please, can you somehow measure the adapters? Oerall height would propably be enouhgh - the 90 "L" (hotizonzal) is easier to "make by eye". Thank you.

Post #694211 10th Jun 2024 3:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1