Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > on going fuel problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rangy

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Cairns Blue
on going fuel problem

can enyone help with some proper advice.I bought a 03 diesel back in sept,a few minor problems that the garage sorted out.but recently just after new year rr was getting harder to start,to the point of turning over for 30 secs before firing.took rr to garage and 9 weeks later got rr back with same problem.
hard to start.
juddering.
no power when pulling away.
16 mpg.
please can any one help.
range rover dealer said someone had put in petrol and ran car,but this was before i bought it,then said that whole of fuel side of rr needs changing,£7500.00

Post #523 3rd Mar 2008 2:28pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Autobiography Supercharged Chawton White

If someone had put petrol in it and ran it, problems should have been evident from the time you got the car not all of a sudden appeared. Take it to another dealer to get a second opinion, the line the current dealer has fed you sounds a bit fishy to me. Halfway Down The Stairs,
Is the Stair Where I Sit.

Post #525 6th Mar 2008 1:18pm
rangy

cheers shmoogle,rr going to another dealer for problem to be looked at,they replaced fuel pump on outside of fuel tank,o ring perished.great for about 30 miles,getting around 23mpg,back down to 16mpg.should of kept my v8 ninety,that used less fuel.

Post #529 7th Mar 2008 10:32am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

not sure about this, not heard that complaint before:

Before you decide it's a lemon and sell it on, take a look over on www.rr.net and see if anyone else has had the same issue Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #531 26th Mar 2008 9:27pm
rangy

still on going,14/4/08,new injectors and glow plugs,last chance is to try new ecu,fingers crossed.tried www.rr.net cant getanything to come up. Censored

Post #535 14th Apr 2008 1:58pm
nathan h

has anybody renewed the fuel filter. do you know what stored faults your range rover has. when in dealers did they give you real time print outs of low pressure fuel side when cranking? also if it has had petrol in diesel it is possible that full extent of damage will take some time to show. diesel all works as a lubricant in your diesel system so if petrol has been put in this could have caused the seals to begin to perish, however i dont believe this is your problem. ive done a few blocked fuel filters on td6's that have caused bad running and starting.

hope this helps

nathan

Post #543 22nd Apr 2008 10:05pm
rangy

found out what problem was,rr was taken to a well known rr dealer in christchurch and they said they had changed the fuel pump on the out side of the tank,my garage was charged around £1000 parts and labour,still on going problem.3 months later problem resolved by a very vigilant fitter who threw his tools across the floor,and started from scratch.started from back of rr.came to fuel pump and found it broken.this is the one westo....had changed.put on a new one and charged.fitter put new fuel pump on,and .....no problem running like a dream.if it was'nt for dealer in christchurch,i would have had rr back over 3 months earlier.so much for main dealerships.
very happy now,but cost my garage probably over £4000,and me alot of heartache.

end of a long story
makes you think...?

Post #613 17th Jun 2008 10:30am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Good to hear you got it sorted out, thanks for the feedback. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #614 17th Jun 2008 11:29am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1