Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Vibration at 55mph
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
SamUK

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

Bringing this thread back up...

I recently bought a 55 l322 with 160k, it had the gearbox and TC replaced 38,000 miles ago so I'm doubtful that the TC is an issue. I've just this second picked it up from my local garage and they can't find anything that would cause a vibration. The vibration I'm getting at exactly 55mph, I can accelerate through it with no noticeable vibration but if I hover the accelerator just slightly on and off the power the vibration remains.
The garage suggested that it could be the chain within the transfer box, does that sound probable?

I'm new to the l322's but not to Land Rovers. The best way to describe the vibration would be similar to a Defemder or Series Land Rover when a Prop UJ wants replacing, that or similar to a prop centre bearing. I have checked those and so has the garage, definitely no issues with those.

All help greatly appreciated guys, thanks in advance.

Post #446425 2nd Aug 2017 3:59pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

if you get this vibration at around 80 mph but not so severe then its a wheel balance/warped tyre/buckled wheel/wheel alignment..

if not then its defo mechanical, ie bushes etc ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #446428 2nd Aug 2017 4:14pm
SamUK

I had the garage check everything, I know them personally and do trust their work and judgement so I'm pretty certain they've covered everything. They didn't check the wheel balance though as they don't have a machine to do so, just doesn't seem/feel like a wheel out of balance though.

Post #446430 2nd Aug 2017 4:19pm
mrd1990

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Oslo Blue

Your symptoms are exactly the same as what I had, especially with the way it would be fine during acceleration but appear with only light on/off acceleration.

The garage checked everything including the injectors and couldn't find a fault.

Turned out to be the injectors Thumbs Up

Post #446437 2nd Aug 2017 5:55pm
SamUK

Ok cool.. Well my plan is to get the wheels balanced, for what it costs I may as well try it if that cures it. Out of interest, how much (if you don't mind me asking) did the injectors cost to be replaced?

Edit: what is the issue with the injectors? Why does it cause that vibration only at 55mph, does anybody know? Is there a possibility that any of those diesel system treatments will cure the injector issue?

Post #446439 2nd Aug 2017 6:13pm
mrd1990

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Oslo Blue

I was lucky enough to have it fixed under warranty but I imagine it's pretty expensive.

The explanation given by the garage was that the previous owner fitted the wrong injectors. However that seems a little odd, I think the staff at the garage didn't quite relay what the mechanic said correctly.

It is possible that the injectors were replaced at some point but the ECU had the wrong tolerances programmed for them.

It was Land Rover them self who diagnosed the fault after the garage I bought the car from tried everything else. They then carried out the repair instead of Land Rover, I would recommend paying for land rover to diagnose the fault and then get an independent garage to do the repair, as there are many things that could cause your symptoms not just injectors Thumbs Up

Post #446478 3rd Aug 2017 12:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12