Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > AA service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
stagger

United Kingdom 
AA service

We had to call out the AA yesterday (Boxing Day evening) on our return home to Yorkshire from our daughters in Scotland, we had just got on the M74 when we had a message "check coolant" and the heater started blowing cold, we pulled into a rest area and there was a little steam but very little water,we called the AA and they said they would aim to be with us in 1 hour, in 15 minutes the guy was with us and soon diagnosed a split hose at the rear of the engine which he managed to shorten and make a repair, from stopping to setting off to continue our journey home was 60 minutes hows that for good service?

Post #43666 27th Dec 2010 12:34pm
BrianC

Scotland 

Thumbs Up great service ,im with the rac hope they are as good

Post #43667 27th Dec 2010 12:36pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

you normally only hear horror stories , so its good to know there's good service like this... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #43668 27th Dec 2010 12:40pm
elpeede

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

Stagger, I don't know if you have already but make sure the coolant is replenished and not just water, especially in the current conditions.... assuming your not in mid Africa Smile

Good service none the less. 2010 Disco XS TDV6, 2009 Freelander 2 GS

Previous Landrover products -1990 110 TDI CSW, 2003 TD6 Vogue - RRC TD Vogue, RRC v8 Fleetline, Disco ES V8 LPG, 101 Ambulance "Morph", 1964 SIIa Auto Powered by Jag 4.2 Lump - "Percy".

Post #43677 27th Dec 2010 1:33pm
stagger

United Kingdom 

It must have been my lucky day because as the AA do not carry any antifreeze (because of all the different types and mixing etc) the service station on the rest area had Halfords silicant free antifreeze on the shelf.
I had just had the coolant replaced with same Halfords antifreeze, I cannot praise the patrolman enough, his attitude was excellent, I know we pay for a service and he was only doing his job but as we all know some people do a job and others do a proper job and he did the latter.

Post #43681 27th Dec 2010 1:56pm
T24RES

United Kingdom 

stagger wrote:
It must have been my lucky day because as the AA do not carry any antifreeze (because of all the different types and mixing etc) the service station on the rest area had Halfords silicant free antifreeze on the shelf.
I had just had the coolant replaced with same Halfords antifreeze, I cannot praise the patrolman enough, his attitude was excellent, I know we pay for a service and he was only doing his job but as we all know some people do a job and others do a proper job and he did the latter.

Take a minute to tell the AA management that there staff are doing a fine job, the patrolman will appreciate it. Ian

Post #43695 27th Dec 2010 3:44pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

A few months ago I called the RAC to my home to look at a diesel leak on the 300c. He arrived promptly and removed the engine cover looked for the fuel pipes near the filter found a split pipe, replaced it with a pipe he had in the van and had the whole thing back together in about 30 minutes - job done!

After thanking him I went for test drive and after a while could still smell Diesel so I had a look and the jubilee clip used to secure the pipe was not tightened properly - few turns with the screwdriver and I had a permanent fix.

Small error due to me chatting and asking to many questions but overall excellent service.

Last week I had the RAC over because the camper battery was dead and I could not even jump it as the battery is so hidden away you simply cannot get to it. After about 20 minutes trying and failing the RAC man hooked the positive jump lead direct to the starter motor and up she fired!

He even had to jack up the 4.5 ton Van to get at it. Excellent service from the RAC again. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #43707 27th Dec 2010 6:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1