Home > Technical (L322) > Key Programming
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Jovinblak

England 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
Transponder coding

daveo wrote:
hi you will find the new key will lock and unlock but will not start the car, you need a new transponder coded to your car...and you will find that the dealers will not supply you with one unless they supply a whole key, i can code transponders but its a car in front of me job..
put the info about the man that will cut a key from a picture, find that interesting

Hi Daveo, I've spoken to the key people, they also supply and program transponder keys for other brands, but can't code the transponder for the L322, they get them from Landrover ready for your vin. They also state on their site, that they don't code the keys they send in the post. If you would indicate roughly where you are in the London area and when you would be available for me to bring the car and key for you to do, depending on cost and distance, I would be very grateful.
Cheers John

Post #264968 12th Jun 2014 4:46pm
Winchester101

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

DAVEO IS THE MAN FOR KEYS MY FLIPS WORK GREAT Bow down Bow down Bow down 1994 softail full stars n stripes custom harley davidson

Post #264996 12th Jun 2014 7:45pm
p38arover

Australia 

Ok, I mustn't be scratching my head properly....

I tried the technique in the first post. I have two keys, Key 1 works, key 2 doesn't. Key 2 had a flat battery so I fitted a new one.

Starting with Key 1 which works and finishing with key 2, I end up with key 2 now working but key 1 not working.

Starting with Key 2 which now works and finishing with key 1, I end up with key 1 now working but key 2 not working.

I have tried it several times but it always flips backward and forward.

Cheers,

Ron Ron B. VK2OTC
2003 L322 V8 Auto
2007 Yamaha XJR1300
Previous: 1983, 1986 RRC; 1995, 1996 P38A; 1995 Disco1; 1984 V8 County 110; Series IIA

Post #364751 1st Jan 2016 5:14am
Weegie

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

When you do the first key do the second one immediately but DON'T put it in the ignition. Otherwise you are restarting the process. It may take several goes at it.

Happy New Year. John
2008 Stornoway Grey 3.6 Tdv8 Vogue
2005 TD6 Java Black Vogue - Written off!!
GAP iiD BT
2003 Discovery TD5 Auto, Nanocom Evolution - gone to a new home!
MasseyFerguson 152 - No electronics!! - Sold

Post #364752 1st Jan 2016 8:27am
p38arover

Australia 

Aha! That's what I was doing. Off to try again.....

...... by gum, it worked!

Thank you very much.

Cheers,

Ron Ron B. VK2OTC
2003 L322 V8 Auto
2007 Yamaha XJR1300
Previous: 1983, 1986 RRC; 1995, 1996 P38A; 1995 Disco1; 1984 V8 County 110; Series IIA

Post #364754 1st Jan 2016 8:56am
Adrian G

Australia 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Cairns Blue

hi All

Thanks for all the info. My only key failed last week but fortunately managed to re-programme following your guidance. ordered two new keys and delivery to Australia for 250 quid!

Thanks to you all!

Cheers

Post #386178 10th May 2016 9:36am
PaulTyrer

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Cairns Blue

Apologies for resurrecting this thread. I have a slightly different situation.

We have 2 keys with the car but one has never worked so its never been used. The other key has been fine so far, with multiple battery changes, until about 2 months ago when the remote died completely but we could lock / unlock the car manually.

Until last weekend when it now refuses to lock or unlock the doors by using the key, however it will still start the car. Also the interior light now fails to come on.

The reason we havent got a new key yet is that I have been out of work since before Christmas and only started a new job a couple of weeks back, so cash has been tight.

Anyway, wife went to dealers in Salisbury today and ordered a new key as they said that the key has failed completely but is still starting the car ok, but we cant lock it.

They also said under no circumstances try using the second key to try to lock it as it may deadlock the whole car. So we now have to wait for 7 days or so before getting the new key, they have however said that if we take along the old key they will recode both keys.

What I dont understand is this:

1. If the key has failed why will it not lock / unlock the doors but will start the car in the ignition.
2. Will it be safe to lock the passenger / rear doors with the dashboard button.
3. We need access to the tailgate to get dogs in and out. If we lock the doors using the dashboard button will we be able to open the tailgate.
4. There is no resistance when using the key in the drivers door, could it be the extesion bar fallen off as the key has been used alot over the past few weeks.

We've also noticed since these problems with the remote that the car will randomly start flashing the hazard lights for no apparent reason, although the alarm does not sound.
Any suggestions gratefully received (including taking the bl Censored y thing up on Salisbury Plain and letting the artillery have a pop at it!!

Post #396624 18th Jul 2016 4:58pm
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

dont by the key just yet, call me
i will pm you my number V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #396665 18th Jul 2016 8:48pm
Mulcher

England 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zambezi Silver
Re: Key Programming

🔐
Did this procedure today and it worked perfectly first time. Very chuffed to have two working keys now. Thanks to 47p2 for posting. Very helpful tip indeed. Thumbs Up

47p2 wrote:
Has anyone programmed a spare key using the method described below?
The reason I ask is I am collecting a new key tomorrow from LR and it will require £60 of my hard earned groats for them to programme the key to my vehicle. Being that I am from north of Hadrians Wall I would rather the £60 stayed in my pocket.

Quote:
Programming a new Key

Replacing a missing master key is quite expensive from Land Rover, try not to get sucked into the extra cost of "Dealer coding" You can do this yourself in 2 minutes by following the simple process below.

1) Get in and close all doors. Turn ignition on and off quickly and remove the key (all within about 5 seconds).

2) Within 30 seconds of turning the ignition off, while holding down the "unlock" button, press the "lock" button three times. Release the "unlock" button. (You may or may not get the confirmation from the door locks.) Holding the key at your head level provides best results as the key sensor is in the side window pillar.

3) Repeat for each key you want to initialize within 30 seconds after the last one you initialized (if you have more).

4) Right after doing the last key, quickly put the key back in the ignition and turn it on/off again to finalize.
 2006MY 4.2 SC
BMW R1250 GSA Rallye TE
Triumph Tiger 1050 (sold)
1979 Pontiac Trans Am (sold)

Post #400933 17th Aug 2016 11:38pm
littlecub

Australia 2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Epsom Green

I have 2 keys but one of them had a failing battery.

I took battery out and didnt replace it for about 2 weeks.

What would be the procedure to re initialise it.

Thanks

cheers

Post #400947 18th Aug 2016 7:33am
Mulcher

England 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zambezi Silver

The procedure outlined in the previous post worked for me but I would highlight that both (all) your keys need to be done in one session, and you don't insert the second key into the ignition prior to 'programming' it, it only goes in at the end of the complete procedure for the quick on-off which completes the procedure.

In my case the second key would start the engine but would not [remotely] operate the locks/alarm (even though the keyfob light was illuminating). Success may depend on your particular circumstances.

I would encourage anyone to read the whole thread from the beginning as a number of far more knowledgeable contributors have added useful info to the discussion. 2006MY 4.2 SC
BMW R1250 GSA Rallye TE
Triumph Tiger 1050 (sold)
1979 Pontiac Trans Am (sold)

Post #400970 18th Aug 2016 10:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123