Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > 2007 L322 TDV8 IGNITION PROBLEM
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
KennyT

2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand
2007 L322 TDV8 IGNITION PROBLEM

Has anyone experienced ignition problems with L322 TDV8. For a few weeks I have been have intermittent problems. It started with remote not opening doors. Changed battery in fob and was fine for a few days. Same issue and change battery again in case first one was old. No joy so changed to spare key which had no internals (electronic board). Changed electronic board over and worked finr again for another week. Again same problem, this time The key with the electronics would open the door but would not turn in the ignition but the other key(newer key with no electronics would start the car). After two days I can get in the car but the ignition will not turn. After fiddling with the key I got it to turn to position 2 but it will not start the car. I took it out of drive before turning off as I wanted to be able to roll the car if i need to get it transported.
Also there is NO fault message coming up on the dash
Has anyone any ideas or solutions please???
Thanks in advance

Post #330412 1st Jun 2015 3:10pm
KennyT

2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Okay, Sorted. I had changed the inners from one remote to another and in the process the transponder fell out. It is a tiny black chip that fits inside the remote near the key blade. (See Pic transponder is the little black chip between screws and key blade). The remote still opens doors but when you insert key without the transponder the ignition and immobiliser will not disengage to allow the car to start.

Post #330449 1st Jun 2015 7:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1