Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Whats the most enjoyable part of owning a FFRR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
Squirrel

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

You've all just put into words exactly why I like my car. I was just considering chopping it in, but for what? I just can't decide - 4.4 TDV8 or 5.0 S/C. Other makes or models? Nope, not even being considered.

I suppose for me, the most enjoyable part of owning my RR is the fact that it does everything and goes everywhere. With or without the dogs in the boot, because their presence doesn't affect everyone else no matter how wet or muddy they are. (The dogs, that is, not the passengers!)

I like my car. I just need to get on and buy a newer one, otherwise I'll end up spending the spare cash on a Series IIA and I'll be really unpopular then. Laughing

Post #307840 25th Jan 2015 11:27am
Joe90

England 

Agree with everyone on everything.

Most enjoyable moment:

Driving up a very snowy/icy hill in high range, road tyres on, past a stuck or wheel slipping X5, CRV, Merc.

Worst moment:

The remorse I felt when I didn't stop to help them! (this is a big dilemma for FFRR owners, stop or carry on, smugly?) .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #307879 25th Jan 2015 4:08pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

^ The latter Rolling with laughter Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #307936 25th Jan 2015 8:17pm
Brian

United Kingdom 

As a newbie and this being my first ever 4x4 I think I did the right thing - I bought mine as a bad back meant getting out of my other car was getting awkward it being quite low (1999 Jaguar XJ8) while I love the Jag I needed something I could fall out of as opposed to crawling out of and the RR is proving itself so far to be a really good choice. I just need to sell the Jag now and make a bit of space as while the two together look really nice people think I've won the lotto and in reality I can just about afford to put fuel in it Laughing

Post #307961 25th Jan 2015 9:32pm
Prepros123

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue

The fact that being very tall it still feels like the car is shaped around me.I regularly do 250 mile comuting without a stop and feel relaxed after. That and of course they just look so great

Post #308266 26th Jan 2015 7:23pm
Montys 4x4

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Carpathian Grey

We were in my Dad's Hillman Minx and parked next to a Range Rover on Great Yarmouth market place in 1971. I thought it looked brilliant and asked my Dad why we couldn't have one. Of those mustard coloured big trucks. My Dad replied you have to work very hard and earn lots of money to be able to have a Rover ( I don't think he really knew what it was) but it was out of his league.
In 1988 I bought my second hand classic V8 EFI vogue, sure it let me down and I rebuilt the engine and added anti roll bars and due to Ali corrosion had to have it resprayed but I owned it for 10 years and joined the RRRegister went soft off roading and to camping rallies with the club it was great. When I sold it to my Brother it started another life finally breaking its chassis when he took it off roading once to often.
After a dalliance with a Disco 2 I bought one of the first L322s in 2002 and due to paintwork issues had it replaced by Landrover in 2003 when I sold it I regretted it straight away I've had a pair of RRSs and VW and Porsche equivalents over the years but after buying my FFRR Westminster it brought back a world of driving contentment that's been missing for years and I often remember my Dad's words and he travelled in my Range Rovers many times later in his life with his wheelchair in the boot.
Ultimately our Range Rovers and being able to drive such an accomplished luxury go anywhere vehicle mean different things to each of us. I'm just happy to have worked hard and earned enough to have owned a few Range Rovers plus it swallows my ever increasing amount of Carp fishing tackle.
Paul Journey started in a LR2B at 16 and has incl. just about every Land Rover, Disco, RRS and Range Rover Vehicle owned or driven, I even worked for the company when it was owned by BAe - It must be a madness!!! because to add to my 4.4 TDV8 Westminister In Baltic Blue I bought a second L322 as a commuter bus, TD6 2004 Vogue in Oslo Blue with cream leather now both gone replaced with what could turn out to be my biggest mistake. Carpathian Grey ivory interior 3.0 tdv6 Autobiog. 2017

Post #308331 26th Jan 2015 9:30pm
Andy B

England 

And another couple of things I forgot to mention......

1. The split tailgate is the dogs danglies. Last year I was at Brands watching my mate race his fully prepped Honda Civic Type R. Started to pee down, so set up the Vid Cam up, plugged it into the AV port and half the family watched the whole race via the RSE screens whilst the others sat on the tailgate in the dry.

2. The view over the hedges whilst motoring through the lovely Kent countryside (what is left of it!) is brilliant. SDV8 AB MY 2019
SDV8 VSE MY 2015 - Gone
5.0 S/C AB MY 2010 - Gone
4.2 S/C VSE MY 2006 - Gone

Post #308836 28th Jan 2015 9:23pm
alx

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Nara Bronze

For me it's the ability to drive it daily now that my other car is undergoing an engine rebuild. Always loved big cars, always had big cars, always will. You have a feeling you're never in a wrong vehicle with an SUV, like the Full Fat. Spontaneous shopping trip, business trip, collection & hauling from one place to another - it does it all so good! Basically, yeah - owning one and what's more driving it everywhere is the most enjoyable part for me.

Post #310513 4th Feb 2015 2:44pm
nwmgc

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

It is quite wonderful. The view is unbeatable AND SWMBO loves it. So much so that she complains that FFs aren't readily available to hire whenever we go on holiday. Rolling Eyes

Post #310630 4th Feb 2015 6:57pm
markyp

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

When I open the front door I still can't believe I've actually managed to own one and long may it continue. Anyway I reckon the fact you can turn up at the Dorchester if you're rich enough, drive up a mountain, through water,whatever , we have the best 4 x 4 money can buy if you're into that off roading malarkey, the presence of the car pretty,much everything, oh and it's easy to find in the car park. 2004 vogue
1978 Pontiac Firebird
2010 Fiesta

Post #310663 4th Feb 2015 8:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234