Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Gearbox issue still it seems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Nappler

2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black
Gearbox issue still it seems

Well a few weeks ago my car did the transmission overheat, so new rad, new gearbox oil, car is fine then last night it seemed to change maps again and not change up until high revs like it did when it was in the transmission overheat mode, but I didn't get a warning, this happened out of the blue and during normal driving, the car wasn't stuck in traffic or on a long motorway journey.
I stopped, turned the ignition off, started the car again straight away and it drove perfectly, this has got me thinking it has to be a error/sensor problem and the gearbox is selecting a different map due to a damaged sensor, the gears in the car all engage fine, there is no clonkyness and all upshifts and downshifts are smooth and the same as other L322 RRs I've driven.
Does anyone have any ideas on this issue as it's baffling me, maybe it needs fault codes clearing?, is there a sensor on the gearbox that could be at fault?.
It really does seem like the gearbox itself is fine just it is been told to go into a different map for apparently no reason on occasion, has anyone else had this problem?.

Post #23129 25th Jul 2010 2:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1