Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > Grr.. Possible speeding ticket.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black
Grr.. Possible speeding ticket.

I was driving into Derby earlier, and I spotted a chap at the side of the road with a Tripod and Camera in a Hi Vis. I spotted him from a good way back and thought to myself Aha a speed trap.

So a tried to keep to what i thought was the limit, at appx 35 (assuming a limit of 40) only to notice there werent any 30 signs at the end of the stretch of Dual carriageway.

Big Cry Big Cry i was in the 30 already, and they have at some point moved the 30 start point back along the road.

My fault on the speed, but i had a drive past the 30 signs and they are only about 16"across....tiny.

this is the chappie from my dash recording.

unmarked Bike, Hi Vis and Tripod camera, assuming its a speed trap as there were no ploice cars further along, so likely not ANPR, but will a tripod mounted camera record a pic and speed enough for them to prosecute.

I await my NIP with baited breath. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #218866 26th Oct 2013 2:48pm
andyboy

Wales 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

Bad luck Big Cry ,On the other hand you might have to attend a speed awareness course. gone fishin'

Post #218867 26th Oct 2013 2:53pm
northernmonkeyjones

My mate just got caught at 40 in a 30 as he was getting out of the way of an ambulance, he did the speed awareness course instead of the points.

Do you still get the SP30 on your license though?

Didnt look too much like a police officer though and his Hi vis did not say Police on it. something enforcement i think. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜

Post #218869 26th Oct 2013 2:55pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

My wife got captured doing 38mph in a 30 last year I think it was and she was offered a S.A.C. She had to pay £80 and attend a 4 hour course, quite some weeks or months later if I recall. No points, no SP30, no need to declare to insurance company.

She said she did learn a lot from the course, despite her initial fury at having to attend.

By opting for any offered S.A.C you are in effect, accepting the evidence offered to you by the road safety officials who allege that you were speeding.

Post #218870 26th Oct 2013 3:08pm
greasemonkey1

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

hi
the general rule of thumb before being issued with a speeding ticket or a instant disqualification relies on this equassion 10% plus 2 which means if you was in a 30 mph zone your 10% pushes you up to 33 mph and your 2 plus equals to 35 which by law puts you in the clear ,,this is as long as you was doing 35 miles per hour in a 30...not above... Thumbs Up
steve

Last edited by greasemonkey1 on 26th Oct 2013 3:17pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #218871 26th Oct 2013 3:14pm
greasemonkey1

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

also found this which might put your head to rest,,,,you might have to copy and paste...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1375049/New-speed-camera-guidelines-allow-drivers-86mph-escape-fines.html
steve

Post #218872 26th Oct 2013 3:15pm
northernmonkeyjones

Thumbs Up Had seen that, not too sure of my speed as i was watching the chap at the side of the road with the camera. 99%sure it was under 40 most likely 35-38mph. So hopefully SAC will be an option.

not even sure its a speed cop, but likelyhood is that it was. Hey ho, £120 and 4 hours down the tube. My mate actually learned something he didnt know when he went on it a couple of weeks ago. Namely that vans (transit type) are restricted to 50 on A roads and 60 on dual carriageways.

From this i also concluded that this would apply to my Disco commercial, and possibly the Hilux's (though they should be classed as dual purpose vehicles). The Disco falls foul of the classification by not having personel seating in the rear, so is not classed as a DPV, so is limited! (I think) There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜

Post #218873 26th Oct 2013 3:28pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Most police forces employ 'civilian' operators on road safety equipment now (doesn't need to be a traffic/ police officer operator)

Post #218875 26th Oct 2013 3:31pm
Robert

France 2007 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Take out the dashcam and install a machinegun. Evil or Very Mad

Post #218886 26th Oct 2013 4:31pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Quote:

Take out the dashcam and install a LASER-JAMMER

There corrected it for you Thumbs Up

Post #218888 26th Oct 2013 4:45pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Quote:
Quote:

Take out the dashcam and install a LASER-JAMMER

There corrected it for you Thumbs Up

Take out the Operator .....

Corrected that for you Vogue .... Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #218891 26th Oct 2013 4:51pm
Bigmick

United Kingdom 

@ nmj
Ref the speed limits for vans, the only ones allowed to do the same speed as cars are Car Derived Vans with a maximum authorised mass less than 2000kg

Eg corsa or fiesta van.
Even transit connects fall outside this Mike
Gone:-
2004 V8 Autobiography
1998 2.5 DSE
1993 200Tdi Classic

Post #218892 26th Oct 2013 4:57pm
Robert

France 2007 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Ok I give in, no machinegun, but was this you ...?

&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DgyiAPLHUfMw

Post #218901 26th Oct 2013 5:07pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Hold your breath for 14 days and hope nothing lands on your doorstep.

I got caught by a roadside camera van. Came round a corner and saw it. managed to slow down, but not enough as I got an invitation to donate and have 3 points on my license. Speed was recorded @81 in a 70, so just missed slowing enough to avoid it.

Didn't get any other offer, just the points and fine. Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #218906 26th Oct 2013 5:22pm
northernmonkeyjones

a bit OT, but yes thats what I clocked re the vans however Dual purpose vehicles are classed in the same category as cars under the Detailed Version Of Section 86 (1) and Schedule 6 Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1984/27/schedule/6

So as long as the vehicle meets the fairly narrow definition of a DPV under the construction and use regs then it should be able to do the same speed as a car....

defn of DPV:
dual-purpose vehicle
a vehicle constructed or adapted for the carriage both of passengers and of goods or burden of any description, being a vehicle of which the unladen weight does not exceed 2040 kg, and which either—

(i)is so constructed or adapted that the driving power of the engine is, or by the appropriate use of the controls of the vehicle can be, transmitted to all the wheels of the vehicle; or
(ii)satisfies the following conditions as to construction, namely—
(a)the vehicle must be permanently fitted with a rigid roof, with or without a sliding panel;
(b)the area of the vehicle to the rear of the driver's seat must—
(i)be permanently fitted with at least one row of transverse seats (fixed or folding) for two or more passengers and those seats must be properly sprung or cushioned and provided with upholstered back-rests, attached either to the seats or to a side or the floor of the vehicle; and
(ii)be lit on each side and at the rear by a window or windows of glass or other transparent material having an area or aggregate area of not less than 1850 square centimetres on each side and not less than 770 square centimetres at the rear; and
(c)the distance between the rearmost part of the steering wheel and the back-rests of the row of transverse seats satisfying the requirements specified in head (i) of sub-paragraph (b) (or, if there is more than one such row of seats, the distance between the rearmost part of the steering wheel and the back-rests of the rearmost such row) must, when the seats are ready for use, be not less than one-third of the distance between the rearmost part of the steering wheel and the rearmost part of the floor of the vehicle.

so the Hilux would qualify as far as i can tell but the DIsco is too heavy and doesnt have and seats so doesnt. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜

Last edited by northernmonkeyjones on 26th Oct 2013 6:41pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #218909 26th Oct 2013 5:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>