Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > U0122 and several other faults...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
MikeG

Netherlands 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black
U0122 and several other faults...

HELP... Arrived in Spain, parked the car in the garage of the holiday home... After about 2 hours, got in to by groceries and got a lowered suspension alarm... Also a lost communication with steering sensor...

Used the IID and reset the faults, came back including dozens of other faults!!

Disconnected the battery, reconnected and started the engine... Again lowered suspension alarm + more faults...

Any advice??? Don't know what to do next!!!

By the way, seems like the suspension is not lowered at all!?!? Mike.

2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8, Black, Sand Leather Seats & Sand / Black Interior.
IID Tool from GAP Diagnostics.

Post #187643 10th May 2013 5:14pm
Joe90

England 

More specific as to the faults indicated please? .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #187646 10th May 2013 5:20pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

found this re the u0122 code, hope it helps,

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic63689.html ... - .- -.

Y. O. L. O.

Post #187649 10th May 2013 6:09pm
barracuda816

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Tonga Green

Funnily enough i experienced the exact fault the other day, a batt disconnect sorted it out for me.

No problems have reoccurred yet so i hope it was just a quirk. Confused

Post #187650 10th May 2013 6:29pm
Contraband

Scotland 

Lost comms with steering sensor..... Turning the steering wheel all the way left then all the way to the right, does that clear that fault? Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #187651 10th May 2013 6:46pm
MikeG

Barracuda, I had seen your post and there for tried the disconnecting of the battery but in my case that didn't help...

While sitting in the car being f Censored frustrated I tried everything I could... Several ECU's had faults even those who have nothing to do with suspension and the adaptive light started blinking on the dash suddenly as well.

While trying to reset the faults several times, trying to switch in off-road height while resetting, etc. it still didn't work... It alsmost looked like it would be then the faults came back again (one time the suspension was actually lifting into off-road height but then the faults came back before it was in off-road height and it lowered again into standard height).

Being more frustrated went over each ECU individually and checked which had faults. Again nothing related to suspension but then while resetting I also performed the full lock left and right at the same time which cleared evertything except the adaptive light still blinking on the dash. Weird thing is I did the full lock before but that didn't do the trick... Not sure if it is of affect but first time performed the full lock with the door open and second time together with reset of faults I did it with the door closed.

Anyway, all alarms off (only the adaptive light still blinking) drove it out of the garage and parked it into the street. All still fine... Activate the alarm and went inside to get the wife and dog to go out for groceries. Step into the car and the adaptive light had stopped blinking, all fine and FF drives like before... Question

Wondering, can temperature be the cause of this? When I parked the car in the garage it was really hot in there... Closed the car, shut the garage door to keep the sun out and 2 hours later when I got in and everything lit-up on the dash it was 31 degrees Celcius in the garage...

Thx for the quick reply's! Really appreciate the responses and help...!! Thumbs Up Mike.

Post #187652 10th May 2013 7:03pm
davidmg

2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Carpathian Grey

Did you have the engine running while you were using the IID Tool, as some on the warnings may be to with a low battery.

Also have you seen this TB as it fixed my problems with the suspension, but I cleaned the air dryer put new silca inside & drilled a hole in the muffler, so no cost in parts just my time

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzfengicpI...&pli=1

Post #187654 10th May 2013 7:15pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

just wondering if its the abs sensor getting to hot and causing the errors, once it cooled down everything is ok... ... - .- -.

Y. O. L. O.

Post #187656 10th May 2013 7:20pm
MikeG

David: Yes, I had the engine running when I used the IID... Will check/read your link as well...

Stan: Not sure which anymore (should have written them all down... Sad ) but there was a fault or even more faults related to the ABS. I drove 1250 km yesterday and another 550 today and of course in Spain the temperature increased the more we drove to the South. Had picked up the key of the holiday home so had been parked for about 30 minutes after which we drove another 10km to the home and parked the car in the garage... External temp 27 degrees Celsius and I had to crawl in a 90 degree left turn up a slightly steep slope between the gate into the garage so car was heigh on the left front and low on the rear rightside. Parked it, unloaded and activated the alarm... External temp in garage increased to 31 which was a completely closed (three sides walls and one side the doors) garage of approximately 10 by 5 meters.

To be honest I haven't got the experience with the FFRR to make a valid diagnoses but do think the high temp may had an affect on the systems.

Anyway, REALLY REALLY glad I had bought the IID which I received 1 day before I left... Would not have wanted to be in this position without the IID!! Bow down Bow down Bow down Thumbs Up Mike.

Post #187660 10th May 2013 7:44pm
MikeG

By the way, don't ask me how but since everything was reset, suddenly my passenger side mirror turns down when I reverse... And moves back in normal position when I put gear in Drive again. Shocked Mike.

Post #187661 10th May 2013 7:48pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

the dipping mirror can be sorted by moving the mirror selector switch..

glad its kinda sorted Mike.. Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

Y. O. L. O.

Post #187662 10th May 2013 7:52pm
MikeG

Thx Stan, not annoying yet but will start to look into this next to sort it when it starts to become annoying... Laughing

Car outside in the street and will park again in the garage later tonight when it's cooled down outside.

Pffff what a day but as a relative newbie to the forum, and to the FF, I want to state that it's a really great feeling knowing to have such a remote support and quick responses when you are encountering problems 1800 km from home. Even the SWMBO responded very positive and made a compliment about the forum members and the available knowledge!! Thumbs Up

Forum membership and a IID should be standard for all FF owners... Bow down Bow down Bow down

Now keeping my fingers crossed for the next 8 days in Spain and the 1800 km back home again, hopefully without anymore Shock and Awe moments... Not good for the hart!! Mr. Green Mike.

Post #187664 10th May 2013 8:05pm
wslr

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Atacama Sand

The Vehicle Dynamics fault will appear at the first sign of another issue on the CAN with an important ECU elsewhere flagging an issue.

For example, a faulty ABS/wheel speed sensor fault will put the vehicle into a locked ride height (normal) but it will as a result disable the Vehicle Dynamics on the same CAN. However, if it sees a major sensor fault (steering angle sensor) causing an issue, the vehicle will drop down on its suspension to make sure the vehicle is limped to the nearest workshop.

So it wasn't the Vehicle Dynamics U0122 that was directly responsible, but another ECU on the network flagging something of concern.

Post #187671 10th May 2013 8:47pm
MikeG

WSIR, thanks for sharing... Learning something new everyday on this forum!! Thumbs Up

I remember next to the U0122 there was a U0126 which I believe is related to loss of communication with the steering sensor. These were the two it all started with... When I used the IID it started to clear about 12 faults in total while I had checked and cleared all old faults Wednesday afternoon before we departed the next morning. All these 12 faults were new ones created the moment I started the car... Mike.

Post #187677 10th May 2013 9:10pm
Contraband

Scotland 

I have found that the suspension does not work until you have done the lock to lock with the steering wheel. You get loads of seemingly unrelated lights and errors showing, do lock to lock and the compressor should kick in. Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #187679 10th May 2013 9:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>