Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Beware the Supercharged - Newbie Buying Advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

[quote="XXXAngelXXX"]yep get a full service history one - like i did - i drive only in town and get a 9mpg Wink only issue i had as a leaking radiator.[/quote]

Sound common sense advice... What was needed to sort your rad/ cost of that please?

Seller unexpectedly emailed me today and tried to answer all of my questions whilst clearly very irritated by my having asked them...

Says he hasn't a clue if front diff was replaced under warranty, reiterated that coolant warning has been checked by his mechanic, no fault found and as mechanic doesn't have reset tool he disconnected battery to 'clear' the fault, which seller has also done a few times (no explanation for where the supply to him of a bottle of rad weld fluid on latest garage service receipt comes in/ I was frightened to ask in case he blew a gasket of his own!)..

And he now very briefly mentions that the engine management light intermittently comes on and goes off but mechanic checked it and no fault found... I suppose if mechanic doesn't have correct diagnostic kit any fault won't be found!

Nice enough car, I'm sure a decent chap but too many ifs, buts and maybes for me... Shame as somebody will probably end up with what is actually not a bad RR

Post #180269 29th Mar 2013 2:28pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Radiator on mine (didn't replace it) was 350 Euro ex VAT. I do remember a few potential issues, hoses coming of (esp. the supercharger coolant hose) and in the earlier models the radiator can split on the seem between the core and sides. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #180293 29th Mar 2013 4:33pm
Rob2529

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue

Personal opinion from owning my FFRR, never start your ownership with doubt. It will eat away and distroy the ownership experience and take a while to overcome the doubt!
If you have black holes in service and ownership walk away as you will always wonder why? And if any future problems could have been protected against. I loved my FFRR but always played on my mind I was driving a timebomb. This place unfortunately is the worst thing for it as you read something, gain a bit of knowladge then start putting 2+2 together over a slight rumble/noise you hear and before you know it you have uourself convinced its the torque converter going caput or the engine about to explode BUT its the only way I would have kept it on the road. The help and knowledge here has been amazing and made the biggest of problems seem fixable/tackalable. [img]http://www.fuelly.com/driver/rob2529/range-rover[img/]
04, 4.4V8, Vogue Oslo Blue with LPG.
"You can sleep in your car, BUT you can't race your house!!!!"

If something can't be fixed with a hammer....... You have yourself an electrical fault!

Post #180308 29th Mar 2013 6:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12