Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

http://portal.jeengineering.co.uk/engines/diesel-tunes.html

Yep!

Over 400bhp.

This is my dream car now when I do finally change, although the 3.6 with a remap is an awesome car, it leaves a smile on my face every time. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #172207 14th Feb 2013 9:26am
Phil.

Wow!

I work within walking distance of JE and know them well. I had my 3.6 remapped and it was a big improvement. Now I have a 4.4 so will have to arrange a visit soon Wink MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #172239 14th Feb 2013 11:38am
Phil.

Booked my 4.4 TDV8 in at JE for their re-map on Wed Very Happy

From their graphs it looks like circa 850NM and 380BHP, so should be able to fee the difference Wink MY23 D350 HSE

Post #173026 18th Feb 2013 1:16pm
campaj1

United Kingdom 

brilliant, will be great to hear about the results!

Post #173028 18th Feb 2013 1:17pm
mikef

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver

Yup, I'd be very interested in hearing what difference it makes to the performance and the fuel consumption because in my experience, remaps do improve fuel consumption too

Post #173071 18th Feb 2013 3:17pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Havana

Ipanema Sand is a very nice colour Smile Thumbs Up All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #173094 18th Feb 2013 4:08pm
Phil.

Probably should start a new thread (sorry OP).

It's bloody quick. Effortlessly rapid. I'm used to driving quick cars and this put a big smile on my face today Wink

It's similar to the 3.6 remap in terms of riding a wave of torque but faster, much faster. Throttle control is more accurate and the response smoother. Minimal throttle is required to maintain motorway speeds. The gearbox shifts less, especially in top as there is a lot more acceleration available in all gears.

Can't comment on the MPG yet because I was enjoying myself too much on the way home Very Happy

Oh, and its not cheap. The price on the JE website is plus VAT. I told them I thought they should make that clear on the website. MY23 D350 HSE

Post #173655 20th Feb 2013 9:52pm
mikef

Thanks, Phil

Post #173666 20th Feb 2013 10:54pm
Phil.

mikef

Saw an average 35mpg on the way home tonight (45 miles) an average figure I've not seen over the previous 12,000 miles. Ended up at 34.1mpg by the time I got home. That's a good 10% comparative improvement over the same journey. I'll monitor it and report in a few weeks if anyone is interested. MY23 D350 HSE

Post #173817 21st Feb 2013 8:36pm
mikef

Thats v impressive. 10% improvement is more than I've seen on the various turbo diesel BM, Merc and Audi remaps I've done in the past. Sounds like its well worth it. Do JE say anything about how detectable the remap is by L-R diagnostic tools?

Post #173864 22nd Feb 2013 10:18am
Phil.

mikef wrote:
Do JE say anything about how detectable the remap is by L-R diagnostic tools?

They were very careful when opening the ECU and have reasealed it so it is difficult to tell it has been opend. No discussion regarding diagnostic tools but a dealer would notice it if they drove it Wink I'm thinking of having mine serviced by JE even though it's still under warranty. It's had all the current software upgrades and they know more than most dealers about LR maintenance. The only issue is if some thing goes pop and I'm prepared to take that risk. MY23 D350 HSE

Post #173872 22nd Feb 2013 11:46am
Big Boy R44ROV

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Fuji White

Sounds like the carpet has been wet vacced and then the car has been sat doing nothing, hence getting cold. However check the sunroof drain tubes. These sometimes block and can cause water to enter the footwells as there is no escape. I know of dealers who do the quick fix by removing the non return valve in the drain tube, as it drains down near the wheel arch somewhere. Worth also checking the window door seal. Make sure it hasn't been pinched.
I have 255/50/20 109Y Dunlop Grand Treks fitted to my Vogue S/C. I've found them to be brilliant. Long lasting, little road noise, good grip in the mud and ice/snow. Got Conti's fitted to our sport SC and you only have to look at them and they have worn. Would never fit them again.
I'd also change networks !! Or change phones. My Blackberry Torch would not conect into the Bluetooth, so I got a Blackberry curve and it's fine with fantastic receprion (Orange).
Welcome to Range Rovers ! Thumbs Up

Post #176857 10th Mar 2013 1:08pm
mikef

Thanks Big Boy R44ROV for the heads up on the leak. I think you may be right on the wet vac because after a few weeks of use, I'm noticing the misted up windows less and less. However I am starting to learn about the little foibles of FFRR ownership already; it's definitely not like owning a German car and I mean that in a good way as well as a bad way. Yes, after 2000 miles, the apparently new Contis fitted by the dealer are already showing signs of wear and it won't be too long before I have to bin them. My car is still under the manufacturer's warranty. Does anyone know whether fitting tyres that were not original fit would void the warranty in any way? I'm thinking that if, by chance, I get any kind of suspension issue, the dealer might try to deny the claim by saying I had fitted non standard tyres.
The Dunlops sound good. Do Vredestein offer a M+S tyre that would be a good all year round tyre that works acceptably in snow? I know nothing works like a true winter tyre but I'm hoping that with the FFRR's 4WD's sophistication, I might get away with the same tyre all year round. I do need a tyre that works well at motorway speeds because I do a fair bit of motorway driving

Post #176970 11th Mar 2013 12:51pm
Big Boy R44ROV

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Fuji White

Hello mikef.
The tyre make should not affect the warranty, as long as they are the correct size, aspect ratio and speed / load rating. Wear or suspension issues will come from steering geometry, tyre pressures, balance etc, Mr. Green so I really wouldn't worry too much about the tyres.
Mine spends a fair bit of time on the motorway, and the Dunlops have performed well. They really are a good M+S tyre.
I hope yours is giving you plenty of big smiles on the face like mine does. I still feel special as soon as I get in mine. They really do have that effect. Mr. Green

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255-50-20-Pirell...3f0b984ca1

Last edited by Big Boy R44ROV on 11th Mar 2013 1:11pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #176971 11th Mar 2013 1:04pm
mikef

Big Boy R44ROV wrote:

I hope yours is giving you plenty of big smiles on the face like mine does. I still feel special as soon as I get in mine. They really do have that effect. Mr. Green

Yes you're absolutely right. The FFRR is about the most soothing car I've ever owned; it is definitely one of those cars that make you feel good about driving it and I suppose that is why people keep buying them

Post #176973 11th Mar 2013 1:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>