Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Air suspension inactive
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
max abbi

United Kingdom 
Air suspension inactive

Hi, I have a 2003 ffrr that ocassionaly goes into hard fault mode with air suspension inactive. I had the code read and cleared but want a definitive answer. The code is (105, too much energy for regulation needed-rear right. Sporadic fault -currently present) this is what was displaed on a Hawkeye diagnostic. I just want to get fault fixed but don't to changing unnecessary parts. Help as usual appreciated.
Max.

Post #139599 5th Sep 2012 1:52pm
Joe90

England 

Well, just reading between the lines on the code description, sounds like a hole in your rear right airbag. COuld be compressor having to over work to keep it pumped up, or compressor is worn/tired and can't cope with demand. Finally there may be a leak in the pipework somewhere or from the air reservoir.

Suggest do the airbag leak checks as described elsewhere on the forum first. .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #139631 5th Sep 2012 2:54pm
Rob2529

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue

Ive had he same fault. But sometimes it would be front axel sometimes rear. Spoke to a few people and they said it was the bags but at £300+ that's a lot for a trial and error. Eventually stripped my compressor and got it working much better and haven't had any fault for 4months plus. So my fault was the compressor over working. Never had it sagging when left for long periods etc. [img]http://www.fuelly.com/driver/rob2529/range-rover[img/]
04, 4.4V8, Vogue Oslo Blue with LPG.
"You can sleep in your car, BUT you can't race your house!!!!"

If something can't be fixed with a hammer....... You have yourself an electrical fault!

Post #139668 5th Sep 2012 5:57pm
max abbi

United Kingdom 

Thanks guys for the quick replies. I think as Rob suggests I will try stripping the compressor first. and then work my way towards the airbags. Does anybody know anything about the rebuild kits available on eBay? What alternative compressor would fit? Rob love the avatar!

Post #139672 5th Sep 2012 6:58pm
Rob2529

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue

Your stuck with the current compressor. The rebuild kits on eBay are from a guy on here (Merch....".. Or something like that. I stripped mine and used some 1200wet and dry to rough up the piston ring and used some high vac grease and works a treat. [img]http://www.fuelly.com/driver/rob2529/range-rover[img/]
04, 4.4V8, Vogue Oslo Blue with LPG.
"You can sleep in your car, BUT you can't race your house!!!!"

If something can't be fixed with a hammer....... You have yourself an electrical fault!

Post #139706 5th Sep 2012 9:42pm
max abbi

United Kingdom 

Well I've bought a rebuild kit of eBay . The guy assures me that the fault is due to the compressor, so when it arrives and I get it fitted I will keep you posted. Fingers crossed !

Post #140720 12th Sep 2012 10:00am
max abbi

United Kingdom 

Ok problem fixed !!!
I fitted the rebuild kit and cancelled the fault code. Within 10 seconds the RR was lifting perfectly. The wear on the cylinder bore was astounding, the piston ring did not look too bad though. I would thoroughly recommend the kit, it took 30 mins to fit, is very straight forward and saved £200 over a new compressor!!

Post #141327 16th Sep 2012 8:17am
Meerbusch

United Kingdom 

Dear max abbi, I am happy about your good ending problem Wink Thanks for the good recommend, here in germany the RR L322 drivers have the same problems like all over the world: the wet air comes inside the compressor, you get a rusty spring and a full dryerpatrone, and the air can not go out, also the power of the piston-ring AND!!!! the old cylinderhead is good for only 8 bar....

Regards from germany, Uli L405 SDV8 2017 + Lancia Flavia Coupe 1964 + RRS L494 3.0 SDV6 + C220CDI Convertible 2021

Post #141377 16th Sep 2012 3:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1