Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Are people still buying FFRR even the diesels?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
barrieeld

Are people still buying FFRR even the diesels?

Im noticing more and more cars are sitting longer on Autotrader, ebay etc. Is it just me or has there been a drop in 2nd hand FFRR even the TDV8 seems to struggling to get buyers?

Road Tax will be one negative point but apart from that i dont see why people would be put off buying such a car, in the TDV8's case mpg is fairly similar to a big exec diesel like S320 cdi, maybe im missing somthing Range Rover SC 35th Anniversary 2006

Post #131136 15th Jul 2012 12:03am
47p2

Scotland 

The S320CDI will return 38mpg on a bad day and up to 54mpg on a good day

Here is a post I put on another forum a couple of years ago

Quote:
I've been to Fort William and back today. The journey north wasn't too bad considering I left Glasgow at 2.30pm and with the sun shining was expecting a lot of traffic at Loch Lomond. From Dumbarton to Balloch was a bit busier than usual but once I passed there it was not too bad.
When I arrived at my destination the MPG was showing 43.6 and a journey time of 2.5 hours. Coming back however was a total nightmare as the traffic from 2 miles north of Luss to Balloch was nose to tail, a distance of 12 miles and a time of 1 hour, so that killed any record breaking fuel consumption attempts I had.

13 miles out of Fort William I checked and this is what my fuel consumption was
Click image to enlarge

15 miles into the journey was even more impressive
Click image to enlarge

78 miles after leaving Fort William and I was still amazed
Click image to enlarge

Sadly an hour and 12 miles of stop starting killed that and I hobbled home to this
Click image to enlarge

All in all not too bad for an old diesel burner. My W140 would have consumed twice as much fuel on the same journey.

Here are a few pictures taken today

Ready to leave
Click image to enlarge

Glen Coe
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #131139 15th Jul 2012 12:19am
Andy3681

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

I dont think its just Range Rovers. All car sales are down especially of expensive to run cars. So there is a knock on effect on second hand values just look at what some on here have lost recently! If you were selling a low tax 60mpg super mini you would have no problems. Mine was a blue one! Smile

Post #131143 15th Jul 2012 8:50am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

FF sales are really bad at the min! All i here is dealers complaining nothing is selling! Time of year i guess...

Craig Thumbs Up

Post #131147 15th Jul 2012 9:10am
Flashman

England 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

4x4s sell better in winter and sports cars better in summer, but I guess with the economy still a bit cautious people will be wary of investing in a high cost car. Tom

Current Drive
2011 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography - Santorini Black - Ivory Leather

Previous Drives
2004 Model Vogue Td6 (Touchscreen) - Java Black - Parchment Leather
1994 RR Classic 3.9 V8 Soft dash - Niagara Grey - Grey Leather
1972 Series III SWB Safari - Green (Hand Painted) - Black Plastic

Post #131155 15th Jul 2012 9:39am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Very quiet but did sell two this week its just a case of waiting as there are buyers out there.

Gaz

Post #131159 15th Jul 2012 9:47am
CSK

France 2013 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Causeway Grey

The 5L Supercharged seems to go faster out the forecourt than the diesels strangely enough.
I browsed the internet and De Stefano had a few LHD Supercharged and Diesels, the Diesels are still there while the Supercharged models have all gone.
The dealers doing ok are probably the ones exporting and the petrols are in demand where petrol is cheap I guess.
I also think one of the reasons Range Rovers are hard to shift at the moment is that everyone knows there's a new one coming so anyone looking to buy a recent model will want to hold off until seeing the new model in the flesh.
I do think the L322 will be seen as a classic Range Rover though, maybe the best of them all, values will then be on the rise again... if you wait long enough (the classic shape 70's and 80's Range Rover are going up in value now).

Post #131163 15th Jul 2012 10:05am
Budgie

Scotland 

I don't know about the later models but I was looking for a L322 4.4 V8 Vogue for less than £10k in Scotland and it took a while to find one because I was always beaten to it, and this is over the last 3-4 weeks.

I phoned both dealers & private within a day of seeing the vehicle on Autotrader or Gumtree and I think it was 5th time lucky when I found one that wasn't already sold.

There was one Vogue that's got damage to the rear nearside and the dealer won't fix it until it's sold! Rolling Eyes So that one's been on there for a few week (I wonder why?).
But apart from that they are all TD6's an these do seem to take a bit longer to shift. 

Post #131165 15th Jul 2012 10:53am
TugRR

United Kingdom 

I must say I haven't noticed the "headline" prices of used FF's come down since I sold mine in March (DOH !).
Perhaps sellers either are being unrealistic as to their true worth now, or they're holding out for that illusive buyer ?

I've been monitoring the ads for a facelifted Jag engined (not S/C) FF, but there aren't many around. Even the ones that are for sale are at such what I believe to be an inflated price that it's not worth phoning.

When I sold the TD6, fuel was far more expensive than now, I was lucky to sell it. The guy who bought it looked at seven others before mine - a buyers market indeed !

Thumbs Up Where do you go after one of these . . . ?

Post #131166 15th Jul 2012 10:54am
steviebabes

England 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

How amazing! I thought I was the only one who'd be happy to rootle-out a non-SC 2006 model. You are right about the prices - despite being around £10k cheaper than the SC when brand-new, sellers are asking almost equivalent money. If the market actually pays equivalent money, the Yorkshireness in me will mean I refocus on an SC. I want those extra £10k of goodies - whatever they were! 2003 4.4 HSE Epsom Green / Sand. Lovely!

Post #131186 15th Jul 2012 12:54pm
BrianC

Scotland 

I might need to sell my facelift 4.4 soon Neutral if anyone is interested

Post #131187 15th Jul 2012 1:01pm
Restless

The older ones seem to be selling quite quickly, I doubt the new or nearly new ones will though as no one wants to take the inevitable hit on their value once the L405 comes out.

Post #131235 15th Jul 2012 5:52pm
barrieeld

Yeh it's prob more across the board and I'm noticing it with tdv8s as I'm always searching for them.

I owned an s320 both facelifted and '03 model and I didn't do much better than 23 around the town which is where the majority of my driving is done...30's mpg was motorway milage so am suppressed how high your values were for your trip! They sounded like 350cdi figures till I saw the pics Smile Range Rover SC 35th Anniversary 2006

Last edited by barrieeld on 15th Jul 2012 11:37pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #131249 15th Jul 2012 7:33pm
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I had a 2010 S-Class 350CDi for a couple of years from new. Averaged 33MPG on the same run that my 3.6 TDV8 is averaged 25MPG. Never got more that 40MPG out of the S-Class.

It's the summer, waiting for sight of the new one, and it's effect on residuals that is slowing sales. Until I've seen a new one I can't decide whether to swap for a facelift 4.4 TDV8 or pick up a year old new style in 18 months time, or do both Wink

Post #131259 15th Jul 2012 8:29pm
barrieeld

Hi Phil, having driven the 3.6 tdv8, 4.4 tdv8 & the S350 what one did you prefer? On the 3.6 Tdv8 what was your average urban MPG?

Im in a position i cant quite just yet reach a 4.4 tdv8 but as residuals fall should i hold out or press on with a 3.6? Range Rover SC 35th Anniversary 2006

Post #131292 15th Jul 2012 11:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>