Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Brake dry noise and starter clicking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Craig Mc

2009 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver
Brake dry noise and starter clicking

Hello ive recently purchased direct from a LR Main Dealer a 2009MY 58 REG V8 DIESEL VOGUE SE (ex LR Experiance ), Its the second one ive had and i love it.

Its only done 2500 miles and after having it for two days it had to go back to the dealer for a new starter motor and battery, no fuss im expecting a bit of trouble i thought.

Whilst the dealer had the vehicle i asked him to look at the brakes as there is a dry grindeing noise when going slow in traffic, the dealer replaced the rear brake pads and discs but the noise is still there.

Ive re booked the vehicle back in now for this same noise plus the vehicle doesnt now start on the first turn of the key, from cold it just "clicks" i have to turn the key all the way back and then re start it .

It would be good if i can tell the dealer what to check, then i dont have to take it back for the third time.

Thank god for landrovers wonderful warranty system.

Cheers

Post #12054 31st Jan 2010 1:46pm
robbo770

Scotland 2005 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zambezi Silver

sounds like a faulty ingnition barrel switch electrical block, could be a replace of complete barrel assembly, anyone got a exploded view to help here?

Rob

Post #12055 31st Jan 2010 1:56pm
Craig Mc

Thanks for the reply, thinking about it, when it first wouldnt start and LR assistance sent the AA out to my house it was doing exactly the same (clicking on start postion of key). The AA assumed a flat battery they took quite a time charging up the battery so the vehicle would start off jump leads.

The second time it wouldnt strart two days after, LR Assistance sent out the AA again and this technician said it wa the starter motor, so i took it into the main dealer who supplied it who then fitted a starter motor and a battery.

Mmm going to have to get it sorted one way or the other, and the brake noise is driving me mad Sad

Cheers

Post #12056 31st Jan 2010 2:09pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I didn't know that LR sold on the Experience cars? Not sure I'd want one due to the amount of offroad abuse they get in such a short period of time, maybe wading in muddy silty water is the reason behind the demise of your components so far? Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #12065 31st Jan 2010 3:07pm
Craig Mc

That doesnt bother me at all, its had all its pre sale checks and got full LR warranty on it for peace of mind. As for being used off road i would also use it off road given the chance so for me theres no differance.

Also its the actual colour and spec i wanted (vogue se)so all round i,m very happy (even though its got a few gremlins) price was good and i do around 20k mls a year so with it being low mileage for its age it helps so it helps to be able to use it a it.

Cheers

Craig Thumbs Up

Post #12066 31st Jan 2010 3:14pm
nbunney

United Kingdom 

RRUK

LR Experiance arn't their cars, they are only let to them by LR

Post #12116 31st Jan 2010 9:54pm
Craig Mc

Very true, think mine was at HOL at Solihull according to the Key ring it had. 2006 DISCOVERY 3 TDV6 SE
2009MY DEFENDER SVX SOFT TOP
2011 MY DEFENDER 110 SVX
1997 CAMEL TROPHY DISCOVERY IN BLUE
1997 CAMEL TROPHY DISCOVERY IN RED

Post #12188 1st Feb 2010 9:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1