Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Newbie with a bluetooth problem and a noisy centre console!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
James

2006 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black
Newbie with a bluetooth problem and a noisy centre console!

Hi,

Don't you just hate it when a user's first post is a question? Laughing

Here's mine, and to make matters worse I have 2 of them:

I bought a 2006 MY V8 Vogue last night..... so far I am very pleased with the car, but it was bought with a known fault with the bluetooth. The chap I bought the car from was totally open about the problem, so I am inclined to believe what seems to be an unlikely tale:

When he picked the car up (he's a trader) he was delivering a 5.0 SC to the previous owner of what is now my car. SC dropped off, he jumped into my car and began pairing his phone. At the same time the SC (which he had paired to on the way) was still in bluetooth range. During pairing (after the 2121 code had been entered) he took a phone call, which was routed through the SC and not my car. From that point on my car's bluetooth has not been visible to pair with any phone. Before this moment, I am told, the bluetooth had always worked.

Troubleshooting so far: the bluetooth module was removed and fitted into another RR, and a phone was able to be paired, which I think rules out the bluetooth module itself. A phone sat in the cradle also works perfectly, which rules out....er.... some other stuff! I disconnected the bluetooth module physically overnight but nothing changed when it was reinstated this morning. I have tried all kinds of phones, "compatible" and otherwise. Nothing can "see" the car.

Any pointers on the possible solution? The trader mentioned a secondary module behind the dash?

Second query. Upon switching the ignition on / off there is a strange sound that comes from the centre console. At first i thought it was the steering column moving in and out of place - that's the kind of sound it made - but it's definitely in the centre console. What could this be? Something heater-y?

Apologies if these topics have been covered; I have searched as best I can. I promise I will post feedback to whatever suggestions you come up with, and I hope the answers will help others in the future through the wonders of Google or this website.

Thanks all. Thumbs Up

Post #10706 7th Jan 2010 8:22pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Which model of handset are you pairing...

Post #10713 7th Jan 2010 9:56pm
James

MICK wrote:
Which model of handset are you pairing...

Trader had some kind of sony ericcson.

I have tried Nokia 6230, iPhone, Blackberry Bold, HTC Touch Dual.

It's not that they're not pairing properly, they're not even able to see the car as a device to pair to, so I don't think we're talking about handset compatibiilty?

Post #10718 7th Jan 2010 10:22pm
jayzee

2006 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged Java Black

So to recap - you pair the phone and nothing happens, or are you saying you expect to see the phone book?

Have you tried making a call from your handset - what happens when you do?

The HEVAC system makes a noise from the central console; much quieter in the 2005> models, but usually only noticeable when the car has been unlocked and you get in. Does it sound like a snoring dog as Clarkson put it?

Post #10726 8th Jan 2010 12:41am
VMPP

Portugal 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

One time I had a blockage on the whole audio system because of a situation like that. Couldn't adjust volume, disconect radio, etc... Even when leaving the car the screen stayed on.

Before removing cables and switches and modules, go to the shop a tell the dealer to reset the whole systems.
It should work.

Also, most of the times, the display will show a ''phone not fitted'' message. But If on the phone you have a blue sign, when someone calls you, it auto connects itself for the period of the call. Then you have again the ''phone not fitted'' message.

Post #10732 8th Jan 2010 2:50am
James

Hi all

Thanks for the replies.

In answer to Jayzee's question, I cannot pair a phone - any phone. The car is not in the list of available devices offered by any of the phones I have tried to pair.

Post #10755 8th Jan 2010 12:33pm
James

jayzee wrote:
So to recap - you pair the phone and nothing happens, or are you saying you expect to see the phone book?

The HEVAC system makes a noise from the central console; much quieter in the 2005> models, but usually only noticeable when the car has been unlocked and you get in. Does it sound like a snoring dog as Clarkson put it?

Sounds like a motor moving something to me. Definitely linked to the turning of the ignition key - both on and off.

Post #10757 8th Jan 2010 12:51pm
Real RR

The phone system is supplied by Nokia. Try a different Nokia mobile. I've found that my Nokia will lose pairing and not rediscover the car after synching with my PC via bluetooth. I fix this by temporarily pairing another Nokia to the car first then all is well again with the original.

Post #10760 8th Jan 2010 1:13pm
jayzee

2006 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged Java Black

Sonds like a full re-set is in order by disconnecting the battery? See how you go from there.

Post #10766 8th Jan 2010 1:39pm
The doc

2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

VMPP I had the ''phone not fitted'' message on my car too but this was resolved with an update at the dealers - used to do it every other day and now it neover does it

JAMES sounds like your steering lock motor - all good '09 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto for the Mrs

Using the works Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Sport Van - CHROME FREE THOUGH

Searching for a nice E63 AMG or S8 V10 to replace my "wonky" TDV8

Post #10768 8th Jan 2010 1:47pm
James

Real RR wrote:
The phone system is supplied by Nokia. Try a different Nokia mobile. I've found that my Nokia will lose pairing and not rediscover the car after synching with my PC via bluetooth. I fix this by temporarily pairing another Nokia to the car first then all is well again with the original.

I'm thinking the same thing. It's booked into my usual garage for a quick look on Wednesday, will post up the results here.

Post #10792 8th Jan 2010 3:41pm
James

The doc wrote:

JAMES sounds like your steering lock motor - all good

Yes, that sounds very likely. Thanks

Post #10793 8th Jan 2010 3:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1