Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > God bless the FBH !!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
Rambles

2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

antoniasdad

I think you have an issue with the FBH itself, rather than the electrics around the FBH

AMD

check with the stealer whether all the software updates have been done, and the AGM battery has been installed. I took delivery of my FFRR on March 12th...it had the battery gremlin which had not been sorted at the factory. and as tboner says, there were two recall programmes. One in around May to upgrade the software (which adjusted the HVAC, reduced the cycle time of the FBH to 17 minutes, and a couple of other items), and battery. There was another in sept to install a new telestart receiver.

all the MY11s that have had the software upgrade will therefore now be on 17 minute cycle times.

I agree you shouldn't accept it. If the "upgrades" have been done, it will be difficult to get much joy out the stealer, and you will need to go direct to LR - which I am in the process of.

Dolphin boy

just cause i mentioned "knob", you want to have a willy waving contest. Well Censored that for a laugh..it's too cold to get your tackle out in this weather, and it's not as if I've got a decent FBH to warm me crown jewels afterwards ! Shocked

Post #96996 10th Dec 2011 4:05pm
Rambles

update....

it seems some dealers have had customers coming into them in the last few weeks when it has been cold saying the FBH had not performed as expected.

notwithstanding the new improved software that gives only a 17 minute cycle time, and an improved AGM battery, some customers were reporting inconsistent performance.

so LR have a new fix out - another one. It is an adjustement to the battery management system. It should improve levels of charge in the battery to give more consistent performance. They have been working on this for a while......apparently.

we'll see.

Post #102672 20th Jan 2012 5:54pm
rich_959

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Folks,

I've also been enjoying the benefits of the FBH over the last couple of months on the odd morning that I look out to see the car covered in ice, it nice to hit the remote while having a brew. One thing though - I never see any exhaust gas. My old Disco 3 used to send a nice white plume of smoke from the front wheelarch (albeit, once started - not remote like the FFRR).

My preheat seems to work fine, but does anyone know why I don't see any exhaust? I always tend to park with the wheels straight so I haven't been able to have a good look underneath, assuming the exhaust is in the same place as the D3?

Also, is there a way to get it to activate the heated seat at the same time? This is an 07 TDV8 if it makes any difference....

Cheers!

Post #103145 23rd Jan 2012 2:45pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

I never see much smoke if any from mine but it works so it may be that by the time it gets to the end of the exhaust its cooled enough as the heat should be going into the cooling system Smile

RE the seats maybe this could be done with a faultmate but its not a 'dealer' option they can do with the testbooks as far as i know.

Post #103150 23rd Jan 2012 3:12pm
rich_959

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

So does exhaust from the FBH go into the main car exhaust system, rather than the little separate exhaust under the front wheelarch on a D3?

Just thinking - seeing as it's been running 5 or ten mins by the time I go out to it, the FBH is probably well warmed up and making clear exhaust output, rather than the initial 'white' exhaust I used to see from my D3 when turning the key on a cold morning.

Post #103153 23rd Jan 2012 3:23pm
kingpleb

IIRC its like the other JLR vehicles that use an FBH and has its own exhaust in that passenger side front wheel well or very near to it.

Post #103159 23rd Jan 2012 4:20pm
Stocky

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Fuji White

Got under mine the other day after a short drive and noticed the exhaust was actually just inboard of the main exhaust down pipe on the nearside wheel area Wink

What a great piece of kit! Very Happy

Post #103185 23rd Jan 2012 7:26pm
AMD

United Kingdom 

Rambles wrote:

AMD

check with the stealer whether all the software updates have been done, and the AGM battery has been installed. I took delivery of my FFRR on March 12th...it had the battery gremlin which had not been sorted at the factory. and as tboner says, there were two recall programmes. One in around May to upgrade the software (which adjusted the HVAC, reduced the cycle time of the FBH to 17 minutes, and a couple of other items), and battery. There was another in sept to install a new telestart receiver. Shocked

As I was in the dealers this morning, i asked the question ' do you know if there is known issue with the FBH or Battery on the 2011MY which has been subject to any software updates?' The answer, 'first I've heard of it' Next question, 'Have you had any FFRR in here that have had to have any software or battery changes or even a change to the FBH config?' Answer...'No...let's get it booked in to see what we can find'. I politely declined. I would run the risk of being charged a lot of money without a successful solution! Current MY2020
Gone: 1 x L405 and 2 x L322's

Post #103281 24th Jan 2012 1:22pm
Rambles

AMD

your car is less than 1 year old. Under warranty there will be no charge.
You have the campaign numbers from this thread. You know what sort of battery should be going into the FFRR. So you should have no worries going into your stealer. For what its worth, when I originally had problems, the salesman who sold me the car knew nothing of the problem, but the service manager did. Make sure you speak to him.
If I were you however....I would wait a couple of weeks until the next fix is out - the level battery management system. This should make a lot of difference, as the issue has at last been recognised by LR that the problem is not in the FBH but in the way the battery is being charged - or not as the case may be.

Post #103358 24th Jan 2012 7:26pm
AMD

United Kingdom 

Thanks Rambles, I will wait before getting it into the dealers. I notice that I get the Low Battery warning not long after turning the ignition on (without engine on). It is an AGM Battery.

BTW it was the service technician I spoke to! Crying or Very sad Current MY2020

Post #103377 24th Jan 2012 9:24pm
AMD

United Kingdom 

Update:

I had the first 15,000 mile serve today (cost enough to pay off a few Somalian ransoms). Apparently the FBH fob had never been 'synced / pared' to the car. It is now and the fob turns the FBH on and off. Smile

I mentioned that I get the Low Battery warning within a few minutes of the engine being off. They have installed a software update which they say will now display the Low Battery warning when the battery reduces by 50% as opposed to the default of 30% reduction. Apparently the battery can drain by 70% and the car will still start and switch the the FBH on.

Warm car tomorrow morning...I hope! Current MY2020

Post #105073 2nd Feb 2012 8:23pm
kingpleb

Depleteing a car battery 50% at a time though will soon kill it im sure.... Not sure how the AGM ones handle it but a normal lead one would die after a few weeks of treatment like that.

Its a good fix though, lets just amend where it indicates a low battery and hope it lasts till the warranty is out.... FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #105086 2nd Feb 2012 8:55pm
AMD

United Kingdom 

Neutral The FF might now be warm in the morning....but it might not start Laughing Current MY2020

Post #105089 2nd Feb 2012 9:03pm
kingpleb

LOL, they should have let you keep the old battery to jump off Wink

I do wonder what LR are doing with all these old batteries, Odds on the dealers are either flogging them back on or back to the factory and into a nice new D4/RRS... FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #105100 2nd Feb 2012 9:20pm
Nick Ground

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver

Ok. car returned to stealer and the FBH fob programmed. Now that remotely starts the FBH.

The FBH cycle starts and the fans run. Little or no noticeable heat. Except the past two Friday evenings when I took out the dogs, on these occasions the car was toasty warm when I returned. For information it was -3 degrees when I left the car (about 2 miles from a cold start at home).

Saturday morning, temp -10 and return to car after dog walk, fans running but no sign of warmth. Go figure. Anyone know what determines the firing of the heater? Temperature dials wound round to maximum.

Tonight set the FBH remotely, came out before 17 min cycle over and drove a mile, got out of car and the FBH was still operating, I thought starting the engine was supposed to cancel the program?

The car is a 2012 MY 4.4 TDV8. Is there any way of checking which software updates have been applied? I asked the dealer and got the reply that they always check for updates when a car is booked in. But got the feeling that it was a "go away I'm busy booking cars in" response.

Nick 2019 D5 HSE Lux SDV6 Indus
55 D3 SE
98 MX5 1.8 RS
gone 17 older variants of FFRR

Post #105645 5th Feb 2012 11:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>