Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Verde vs Zero (again)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey
Verde vs Zero (again)

After 40k miles the fronts are on 4mm. The easy choice is to go with Verde's again but National tyres has a special offer on zero's but struggling to find what the real differences are esp from the manufacturer.....;

​SCORPION VERDE™ ALL SEASON is a Pirelli’s Crossover & SUV tyre developed with focus on safety in a variety of conditions. The lateral stability and the traction on wet, ensure all season performances. SCORPION VERDE™ ALL SEASON features the M+S marking engraved on the sidewall.

SCORPION™ ZERO ALL SEASON is the UHP SUV M+S product developed for premium and prestige OE Car Makers engineered to maximize the performances during all the seasons, in various driving condition, also on light snowcovered roads. The perfect choice for sporty SUV, it offers excellent performance on dry and wet and is the perfect fit for every vehicle. The compounds combined with the asymmetric and optimized pattern provide UHP performance during All Seasons, provides high levels of safety and comfort and minimizing the noise level. 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #699525 5th Sep 2024 9:28am
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

You’ll be happy with either, so I’d just go for the best deal you can get.
IIRC, Verdes apparently get a bit more mileage, but Zero’s have the edge on performance, so your style of driving will largely dictate your choice, perhaps in London, Verdes make sense?
Make sure either have the “PNCS” stamp on the sidewall, (not old stock without noise-cancelling).

I am, (and drive like) an old f*rt, so it’s Verdes for me! Rolling with laughter “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #699538 5th Sep 2024 11:11am
JayGee

I'm most definatley a 'Verde driver' Rolling with laughter and reckon I could have got 50k out of the current set if I had rotated them....... 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #699542 5th Sep 2024 11:19am
toby1

England 

That's bloody good mileage from any tyre, IMO.

Is there much in it though, really? I don't know. 2012 Vogue TDV8 in Aintree green

Post #699552 5th Sep 2024 1:51pm
Gremlin500

Embarassed

I [i]almost[/i] was going to say: “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” Whistle Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Sceptically precise, Toby1kenobi: probably 90% Marketing Bullsh*t anyway, trying to corner both “steady” eco drivers and “sporty” boy racers at the same time with minimally cosmetically different products. Rolling Eyes “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #699583 5th Sep 2024 11:23pm
Rambles

2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Just put some of the zeros onto my 4.4

Post #699692 7th Sep 2024 4:31pm
pcourtney

England 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Sumatra Black

I went 4 new Zero's as well 255/50 R20 's and PNCS, made a difference to my ears noise wise Smile

https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-ww/car/tech-and-knowledge/pncs

I was sceptical at first but the price I got was almost the same as Non PNCS, so it was a no brainer !

Post #699693 7th Sep 2024 5:24pm
JayGee

Went with the Verde's again. Noticably less harsh ride at slow speed despite Kwikfit using the fully loaded pressures so wonder if tyres age harden or the design has changed since the last set?
Good for another 40k miles......... 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #699923 11th Sep 2024 2:29pm
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

I'm not going outside in the rain to look but I bought 4 of either Verde or Zero - either is fine as I'm not sure they are much different from each other although I did read somewhere on the internet (so its probably not true anyway) that Verde's are a bit lighter, have lower rolling resistance and are more suitable for summer use. Geoff

Post #699924 11th Sep 2024 3:32pm
JayGee

Verde's have higher rolling resistance according to the labels so probably the other way round? 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #699925 11th Sep 2024 3:53pm
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

You see this is what I read and its apparently Censored : You cant trust the Internet.

About the Pirelli Scorpion Verde

The Pirelli Scorpion Verde is an ultra-high performance summer tyre that was manufactured to be fitted to SUVs and 4x4s. This tyre was created using Pirelli’s latest materials, structures and tread patterns. The Pirelli Scorpion Verde guarantees drivers a more fuel-efficient performance and a comfortable driving experience in both wet and dry conditions.

This tyre is part of the Pirelli Green Performance range, designed with low rolling resistance alongside improved fuel consumption and lower CO2 emissions. The Pirelli Scorpion Verde meets the 2012 EU Regulation for reduction of noise which allows motorists to enjoy a smoother, quieter driving experience. Geoff

Post #699937 11th Sep 2024 5:33pm
JayGee

The Verde and Zero both have summer and All season variants. 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #699940 11th Sep 2024 6:17pm
Gremlin500

Either way it’s a personal choice, I even have the additional benefit of my own PNCS - “Personal Noise Cancelling System”, i.e. turning gradually more deaf with advancing years Laughing and only occasionally corner on 2 wheels, so price is the biggest factor, they are both good tyres in any case, whatever your rubber fetish. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #699955 11th Sep 2024 11:09pm
Sandyt

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

I dont get on with them but I bought my Michelin Pilot sport and Goodyear ultra grip from Costco who were a great price brand new stock and did the TPMS sensor for 15 quid each as part of the deal - might be worth a look know they stock both the Verdes and Zeros as tried them

Post #699980 12th Sep 2024 2:30pm
E500

United Kingdom 

I’ve just ordered a set of the NCS Zeros at Kwik Fit. There’s a decent offer on a set of 4 at the moment if anyone’s in the market.

edit: I don’t think Costco do Pirelli do they? I could only see Bridgestone and Michelins when I checked.

Post #700176 16th Sep 2024 11:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>