Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Does the IID Tool have a brake bleed function for the L405 ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
fisha

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba
Does the IID Tool have a brake bleed function for the L405 ?

Cause I cant seem to find it in the app Confused

Currently going through all the calipers giving them a clean, pads, new rear pistons etc, and whilst they've been off, I've just let the fluid drip out the hose into a catch bucket, so a reasonable amount came out.

Whilst I'll follow the brake bleed process as per the workshop manual, I'm asking myself whether I should be purging the ABS unit, and that normally needs a command to make the pump run. I dont see the option in the iidtool app when connected, so just wondering whether its my app, or if its just not there as a function at all ? V8 or else ...

Post #699953 11th Sep 2024 9:55pm
Alex1976

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Santorini Black

The GAP tool does have the ABS bleed function and I think it is under the ‘Service/Test’ menu. However it will not work on my car, I just get an error message. I have emailed GAP about it but still not had a solution.

You shouldn’t need to use the ABS bleed procedure unless you have changed the master cylinder or ABS unit. Standard bleeding can be done in the usual way.

There are also two bleed nipples under the bonnet - I bled from these also and have a very good pedal and fantastic break feel.

Post #699958 12th Sep 2024 6:26am
fisha

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

Hmm, I'll try and update mine, but it doesnt show that option in the service menu. That said, I did have the beta-version of the firmware to unlock a few other features, and maybe the bleed procedure isn't part of that version.

That said, I've done a manual bleed this morning and the pedal feel is so much better than before when parked up, so hopefully i'll not need any iidtool stuff. V8 or else ...

Post #699983 12th Sep 2024 2:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1