Home > Technical (L322) > Limp Mode. 2006 4.2 Supercharged
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
PaulTyrer

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Cairns Blue
Limp Mode. 2006 4.2 Supercharged

Hi All,
We have recently got a 2006 4.2 Supercharged after having a 4.4 V8 (Petrol) L322 for 14 years.
It was running fine until a recent service.
One of the issues on the service was sticking spark plugs, so these were not changed.

However, what is happening now it that the car starts OK , suspension is all OK, no errors showing on dashboard, but after a shortish run (say 8-10 miles) an error flashes up and the car goes into limp mode (30mph).
If the engine is turned off and back on again the fault is cleared for another 10 miles or so.
I'm a bit vague on the full details as its my wifes car and I havent experienced the issue.

Engine temp is all ok, however, when the local mechanic (who has always serviced our old Range Rover) put his diagnostic machine on he said it looked like all faults / errors had been wiped.

Could it be a sensor that has been disturbed on the service or an overheating issue, although the temp gauge is fine.

I have an OBD11 reader that I use on my VW Beetle Cabriolet which I have used on the Range Rover but it doesnt show any faults at all.

We have done the battery disconnect / reconnect and that hasnt made any difference..

Any ideas out there in full fatty land??

Question Question Question Question Question Question

EDIT. Seems there is an intermittent fault on the rear nearside sensor, presumably the ride height sensor.

Post #697262 2nd Aug 2024 2:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1