Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Playing MP3 files from USB stick
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Ajay,

Stunning car by the way, really nice, you must be proud. Thumbs Up Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #64756 19th May 2011 3:18pm
mmiata

Hungary 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

I was just buying a 2012 model a few weeks back, but I guess our system is the same.
Now I`m at a business trip and plan to buy the USB memory on the way home, so no chance of testing before.
32Gb seems to be tempting with current low prices, but now you say that it won`t work with our system? Then should I get a 16Gb rather to avoid faults?
Any updates? anybody having a 32Gb working properly on a 2010-12 model? 4.4 TDV8 Vogue Buckingham Blue MY12
from Hungary

Post #199674 20th Jul 2013 6:53am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I have been testing this in my car.

It seems you can use a large capacity USB stick, I bought a 16GB stick, however the system can't cope with more than 4GB of data.

As soon as you go over 4GB on the stick the system can't read it and just keeps saying "Please connect device" on the screen. 4GB or under and it works fine.

Annoying, it would have been brilliant to have my entire music collection plugged in. Evil or Very Mad Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #203924 14th Aug 2013 9:32am
PaulTyrer

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Cairns Blue

What would be good if someone could invent a cassette tape that you could load MP3 files into then I could use the tape player on my 2003 RR as I dont have any more C90 cassettes!! Rolling with laughter

Post #205102 21st Aug 2013 3:38pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Is that not one of these.......

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008H0Q4R8...X110_SY165

Plugged into your ipod? Whistle There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #205282 22nd Aug 2013 7:47pm
Ian Donkin

2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Just reviving this thread (and to clarify, this was on a 2011 L322 with the factory audio / nav system installed):

I have successfully transferred 1700 or so songs from my old iPod classic onto a Kingston 32Gb USB stick (FAT32 format) and it is now working perfectly.

However, it did throw up some oddities / challenges before I arrived at this outcome...

First I used some very old free (but virus free), software that I downloaded from CNET called Floola to unpack the iPod files into a directory structure that makes sense to normal people, e.g. Artist / Album, then Track # - Track name for the files, and it captured all the correct tagging so you can see track name, then artist, then album, then genre when it's playing.

Initially the browse function, etc. worked perfectly.

Happy at this, I started to enjoy a USB stick full of music from my earlier years, but after just a few days (and a change to random track selection from all available), I appeared to be down to just a few albums of music...

Somewhat puzzled, I installed the USB stick in several PC's to ensure everything was still in order (it was), but it still wouldn't let me browse all media when back in the L322's USB socket so I took a closer look on my PC and noticed that most of the music was M4A format and it was these that were no longer visible, whilst the relatively few MP3 tracks were all still there.

I then used another piece of free and virus-free software from Maniac Tools https://www.maniactools.com/soft/m4a-to-mp...sing.shtml to batch process the entire USB stick's worth of files and convert those that weren't already into MP3 format.

Sadly the Maniac Tools utility doesn't respect the source file locations in terms of placing the converted files into multiple directories however it is pretty straightforward to have two browsers open at once and sort the converted files such that you can select a whole album and move it into the correct location on your USB device once more (deleting the M4A files before you do), post conversion.

It probably took me an hour to do this (170 albums or so in total), post the MP3 conversion itself (which I left to its own devices for a couple of hours beforehand); all-in-all a pretty good outcome for a Friday in between doing other things and now my iPhone port is permanently free for bluetooth streaming via the Invery dongle.

I have successfully tested this using both the browse and 'random all', functions and it's working perfectly again now (and I don't expect that to change this time).

Apologies for rattling on, but if you have been struggling with your own USB music, hopefully this helps. 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDv8

Post #695214 28th Jun 2024 4:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12