Home > Technical (L322) > Boot space - Pre purchase help please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Daveb257

United Kingdom 
Boot space - Pre purchase help please

Morning,
About to place a deposit on a FFRR SC today (subject to viewing it when lockdown conditions are agreeable)
Big question I have is about putting the dog carrier in the boot, it’s dimensions are 90 x 68 x 60 cm so the length is fine but what about the incline to rear screen, do you think at being 68cm tall and 90cm it’ll fit in with seats up ?
Ta in advance
Dave

Post #552748 5th May 2020 10:50am
JohnGalt11

United States 2009 Range Rover Supercharged Supercharged Santorini Black

I jumped in the back of my mine and took some measurements. It looks like it may just fit. There is a trim piece under the window that sticks out a about 11 cm and sets the maximum depth of the cargo area to the rear seats. Also there is a large radius left to right on the rear hatch, so the depth from the back of the seats near the sides is about 4 cm less than the depth measured from the back of the seats in the middle. I measured the cargo area depth at about 70 cm along the sides and 74 cm in the middle. The minimum cargo area width is about 114 cm measured at the bottom of the window height before it begins to taper inward toward the roof but inside the trim. The window trim piece on the rear hatch is about 47 cm from the floor, and a vertical measurement from the floor to the rear window tangent with the window trim piece is about 68 cm. In otherwords, if your dog carrier were against the back hatch it could be at most 68 cm tall before it would touch the rear window. These measurements aren't precise and are meant to be somewhat conservative. Also mine is a 2009, so if there were differences in other years, take them for what you will. So it should fit, but I would suggest that you either strap it in (there are tie downs mounted on the floor already) or put some sort of blocking between the bottom of the carrier and the rear hatch so that it can't slide backwards and hit the rear window. Hope this helps! 2009 L322 SC

Post #552870 6th May 2020 1:17am
Daveb257

United Kingdom 

John that’s brilliant thank you, let’s hope car measures up later !
It’s a flight approved box and had tie down points so is currently fastens to floor in X5 with a pair of ratchet straps so will do the same.
Longer term solution is probably a half width Lintran box but want to make sure the car is right for us before spending on one

Again thanks for your help, greatly appreciated

Post #552889 6th May 2020 8:58am
JohnGalt11

United States 2009 Range Rover Supercharged Supercharged Santorini Black

Happy to help! Good luck, and welcome! 2009 L322 SC

Post #553124 8th May 2020 4:54am
horse86

United States 2014 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Causeway Grey

if it fits in an X5 I dont see how it wouldn't in a L322. L322 has much higher ceiling than a X5 and a deeper cargo area 2014 FF Autobiography 5.0 SC
2008 FFRR (sold)
2008 BMW M5

Post #553125 8th May 2020 5:40am
Daveb257

United Kingdom 

X5 needs the rear seat dropped sadly, boots long enough but slope of rear seat and tailgate mean a lot less useable space

Post #553148 8th May 2020 10:48am
PaulTyrer

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Cairns Blue

We have an L322 and have a Guardsman full dog cage. We had it originally on our P38 but had to have it modified to suit the L322 as the load area is slightly bigger on the P38.
I will take some measurements later today and post a sketch of the cage. It has two entry doors and two escape doors that butt up against the rear seat. We have put some polystyrene pipe insulation on the cage to protect the rear seat.
I think when new the cage cost around £300!!

We had a local metalworker (he makes gates etc) and he did a fantastic job of reshaping the cage to fit the range rover.

Post #553163 8th May 2020 1:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1