Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Thinking of an Upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
elbitrevnoc

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Buckingham Blue
Thinking of an Upgrade

So, with 125k on the clock and recent (minor) issue with the ignition switch, I'm just starting to get that feeling that it's time to move up to the TdV8 that I always wanted. After giving me no real problems for over 100k miles I don't think I can have any complaint with the Td6, but would like to move on before I push my luck too far. It's all been motorway mileage, so I reckon the gearbox is in fine fettle, but you never know!

This is where I'd appreciate others' thoughts please. Is it worth spending a bit more for the 2010 facelift version? That would be my preference, as I'd feel I was getting more of a 'change' from the move, or would the received wisdom be to save money and pick up a good, late pre-facelift version? I don't know if there might be are any potential issues to consider with the newer spec and would appreciate any views.

An SE would be my preference, as that's what I have now - including rear entertainment. However, I'm not entirely sure of all the spec differences between the two models in later years (e.g. I don't believe rear entertainment was a standard inclusion on the SE any more). Can anyone point me to a definitive list - or indeed to any previous posts I've not seen?

Post #192651 8th Jun 2013 9:22am
Prop

United Kingdom 

I just did the same as you today. finally took the plunge and traded my TD6 with just under 120k for a TDV8 Vogue SE with rear entertainment. My TD6 was a touch screen model but was the non face lifted square headlamps model and I got to say its a revelation driving the TDV8 in comparison to the TD6. I initially thought the same as you ie; would the change be enough, but so far I am well happy with the move. As to spending more on a 2010 model that will be more a case of economics and preference for looks. Personally I prefer the less bulbous front bumper of the 2005/9 cars, and also prefer the look of the less busy tail lights, while I do like the safety side of the new rear lights ie; the indicators are much more visible especially when breaking everything else about them has no appeal to me, but this is just my perspective. And the headlamps are also visually a disappointment on the 2010 in my opinion. I can only think there must have been a shortage of LED's in Land Rover when the designed them as to put under a dozen LED's in each headlamp is neither here or there. It would have been much nicer to have done what they did with the L405 and Evoque where the LED's are much tighter together giving the impression of a solid line or circle. Again this is all just my feeling on the subject and everyone has varying tastes etc. I personally didn't have the budget to stretch to a 2010 model so went for the pre 2010 TDV8 with the higher SE spec.

Another option if you do like the newer styling is to get a pre 2010 SE spec TDV8 and get it face lifted to 2010 spec.

Post #192809 8th Jun 2013 11:15pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Just my two cents, but over here I think the 06-09 models offer the best compromise between performance/features and price. They've also had a lot of their depreciation already done. If $$ isn't a concern, a 10+ facelift is great! Thumbs Up

Post #192822 9th Jun 2013 1:23am
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

It depends on your budget really, personally i would go for a late 05-09 car, rather than a facelifted one, you will effectively be getting a massive improvement in performance over the td6, the best thing if you cant decide is to look at both, drive both and then decide for yourself which you prefer.

It is after all your car and a matter of personal preference.

Buy the one in the best condition you can find, dont assume that bexause its from a mD that it will be faultless, when you have found one you like, pick fault and the get the dealer to repair anyhing which has come to light before you part with your money.

As you know doubt know the rear arches are a particularly prone area and may even show signs of surface damage on these later cars......one for the dealer to sort, or haggle on with a private buyer. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #192843 9th Jun 2013 9:12am
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

Thumbs Up Great value RR - sunroofs, FBH's etc are extras now. Lots of pimping opportunities, I'm still holding back on front fairly lights upgrade - but you never know Very Happy Geoff

Post #192857 9th Jun 2013 10:07am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1