Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Wheel and tyres stolen from my garage!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

RLD's IIRC Smile

Problem with a chain is it would need to be sheathed to stop damaging the wheels but as long as it was meaty enough to take a bit to cut thru it would turn away most as they couldn't then move a stack of 4+ rims Smile FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #176381 7th Mar 2013 4:10pm
onethumb

England 

Sorry to hear the bad time your having dude.
Got broke into last year Censored nicked a load of tools my Cannondale rush carbon (I loved that bike) and my road bike, when the police came he told me to lay off putting a claim in for a week to make sure that I'd noted everything that was missing, Insurance said needed to get it in within 10 days, so I did it straight away, big mistake, ended up finding another £400 worth of kit missing.
Dude CHECK AGAIN AND AGAIN at least the bike and other bits should be covered.

Post #176389 7th Mar 2013 4:53pm
nubbin

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

I've got a feeling they were spooked - I left my compessor plugged in so it probably started pressurising and scared the livin' bejasus out of the Censored Laughing

I got my bike money back anyway, and I've spent some money on several large motor cycle chains to lock everything down and a massive shackle which goes into the concrete floor. Also a friend who used to be an ADT installer has put together a selection of kit to install an alarm system, and is going to help me fit it. Plus a camera or two will be going up soon.

**HEADS UP**Aldi are selling security cameras this weekend that you can control'rotate from your mobile, and have real time pictures and alarms sent to your mobile, or by email. I'm having some of them!!

Still scanning Ebay and Gumtrree...

Thanks for all the kind words guys! Mr. Green

Post #176398 7th Mar 2013 5:38pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Check the net for those cameras. Some of these IP cameras have security issues allowing hackers to easily break into the signal and look inside your garage. Giving them plenty time to "plan" a heist. That is the reason I am not using them for my girls as baby sit cam. We considered that at some point but with the security issues, I don't want any pervert looking into their room. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #176513 8th Mar 2013 8:53am
Big Boy R44ROV

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Fuji White

There is a unique solution called Smartwater. It cannot be seen and is literally like water, paint or dab it on. It has its own unique DNA and is identifiable under UV light. Also it stays on the skin for weeks so cannot be easily rubbed off and of course is invisible to the eye !!
Well worth it Thumbs Up
Good luck finding them.

Post #176854 10th Mar 2013 12:52pm
Budgie

Scotland 

Nubbin, I was talking to my wife about this, she used to work for an insurance brokerage, and she suggested a couple of things for you.

1. Was the garage locked? If so then it can be classed that you have taken every precaution to secure your property.
2. It should be the home insurance who covers items in the garage as it's part of your home, so they are the ones to be speaking too about it.
3. Does the home policy specify, even in the small print, that car parts stored in you home or garage are exempt from cover on your policy? If not then point this out to them (along with 1. above) and if they still refuse to cover the claim then pass all the information to the Financial Ombudsman.

This brought up a question for us as my wife owns a convertible with a removable hard-top which we store in the garage. The hard top is worth over £1k so we're checking to see if this is covered if it was stolen.

Best of luck with it and I hope you get a satisfactory outcome. Thumbs Up 

Post #176861 10th Mar 2013 1:28pm
nubbin

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Thanks for the advice, Budgie. Very Happy Unfortunately, vehicle parts (other than garden vehicles) are specifically excluded in the policy. I( checked several other companies and a lot have very similar wording. It does apply to removable hard tops as well, so best get that sorted out. I have a feeling that we may have left the side door open that night, as there were no signs of forced entry. There are now multiple locks and bolts and an alarm going in very soon!

Post #177767 15th Mar 2013 5:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12