Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > eBay & Bargain Spots > over-finch badges..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

[quote

Now the next question is, when do we see Cam-Tech Craig (CMC ???) badges appearing on his work (other than his own vehicles of course) Smile[/quote]

Hmmmmm... There are a few, hand picked by me... But only if there cars reflect the business well!

Come and see me with an open wallet by all means sir Whistle

Craig Thumbs Up

Post #142404 21st Sep 2012 8:56pm
JPS

2005 Range Rover Autobiography Td6 Zambezi Silver

Cam-Tech-Crathere iquote="jaiscossie wrote:
Also a genuine question here, are 'overfinch' cars marked on the log books as overfinch or just a range rover ? because if there not or dont have a plaque with build number etc how do you know there original?

No they are not marked on the logbook, neither is there an up to date register any longer as the records were skipped when they were taken over by auto brokers (so i was told by more than one Overfinch employee)

Craig Thumbs Up[/quote]

So basically then there is no way in telling a genuine overfinch from a non genuine one. So there's me worried about putting badges on a non genuine overfinch car when probably half of the so called overfinchs out there are just the same!

Post #142405 21st Sep 2012 9:04pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

The only thing that used to differentiate an Overfinch supplied car from one modified after market was replacing the Range Rover bonnet and boot lettering with Overfinch lettering. They sold the oval badges and would put them on a conversion to a customers car.

I'm with Craig on this one - not really such a thing as an Overfinch RR any more and certainly can't make comparisons to an M5 etc, BMW wouldn't sell you a grille with an M5 badge on it - Overfinch would sell you a FFRR Grille with an Overfinch Oval on it.

Post #142406 21st Sep 2012 9:23pm
JPS

Alistair wrote:
The only thing that used to differentiate an Overfinch supplied car from one modified after market was replacing the Range Rover bonnet and boot lettering with Overfinch lettering. They sold the oval badges and would put them on a conversion to a customers car.

I'm with Craig on this one - not really such a thing as an Overfinch RR any more and certainly can't make comparisons to an M5 etc, BMW wouldn't sell you a grille with an M5 badge on it - Overfinch would sell you a FFRR Grille with an Overfinch Oval on it.

But you can buy the overfinch lettering yourself and put it on,

Post #142409 21st Sep 2012 9:34pm
T24RES

United Kingdom 

If you like it, do it. Thats why we're all different Thumbs Up

Post #142410 21st Sep 2012 9:36pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

in the days of the 570's they were something to be envied and admired, now its just overpriced tat for people with money and no taste aka Kahn!

sorry despise them and look down on any twosser who drives one Embarassed

I would pay more not to have one!

Post #142415 21st Sep 2012 10:15pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

jaiscossie wrote:
But you can buy the overfinch lettering yourself and put it on,

That's why I said "used to" - the only people that supplied lettering were Powerful and they wouldn't sell you the Overfinch letters - I know there are now people ion eBay who will.

I'm with you - I think Overfinch as a brand is comparable to most other styling houses/tuners - you can buy as much or as little as you want.

Putting an Overfinch badge on, or a spoiler or a grille or a full bodykit or an engine map are all different, but IMHO are not the same thing as putting a Supercharged badge on.

No more scandalous than putting the latest Range Rover wheel centres on instead of the Land Rover ovals.

Or having the M Sport body kit option on a 5 series - it's not the same as putting an M5 badge on which is pretending to have a specific model.

Just my view though Whistle

Post #142416 21st Sep 2012 10:22pm
JPS

Vogue wrote:
in the days of the 570's they were something to be envied and admired, now its just overpriced tat for people with money and no taste aka Kahn!

I bet there are alot of dealers cashing in on this also, overfinch bumpers,wheels and badges fitted and a big price tag for a 'proper overfinch' I wouldnt suprise me if they make replica overfinch bumpers which to the untrained eye look identical. Amazes me how many people with 'replica' wheels actually belive there genuine ones because the dealer from where they purchased there car said they were.

Post #142417 21st Sep 2012 10:35pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

+1 jaiscossie... I have at least 3 customers with 08MY+ OVERFINCH cars (two purchased from a very well known main dealer) and all have fake Olympus wheels... And when i say fake, i mean the bad far east fakes with 19mm wheel nuts! Not the Italian made replicas (which although are non original are of a better quality)

Craig Whistle

Post #142429 21st Sep 2012 11:32pm
Kensta

England 

jaiscossie wrote:
Also a genuine question here, are 'overfinch' cars marked on the log books as overfinch or just a range rover ? because if there not or dont have a plaque with build number etc how do you know there original?

Overfinch (autobrokers) will confirm if the car is a fake or not but they want a photocopy of the logbook sent in first before they give any info away I did that with mine confirmed it was one of theryes and they had on record all the work they done back in 2006 Thumbs Up Rangey Sport OverFinch owner from the otherside

Post #142439 22nd Sep 2012 7:40am
Cam-Tech-Craig

[]

Thats because it was done by them... If you walked into your nearest Stratstones tomorrow and asked them for a duplicate invoice for a service they did in that branch, they would provide one...

Craig Whistle

Post #142461 22nd Sep 2012 10:09am
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Vogue wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

Why actively spoil and devalue your car?

Post #142477 22nd Sep 2012 11:06am
m3mjw

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Vogue sorry mate but I think your comments are a bit OTT - you look down on any tosser who owns a car you don't like. Sounds like you have issues mate. Are people not allowed to have different tastes to you?

Made yourself sound like a wa Censored er there for me. L405 4.4 SDV8 Santorini/Black VSE
L332 4.4 tdv8 stornoway/Ivory VSE gone
L332 3.6 tdv8 black/sand vogue gone
Mk 7 vw golf r black/black(swmbo)
Mini Cooper s grey gone (swmbo)
BMW e60 m5 black/black gone
BMW e46 m3 silver/black gone
BMW e39 525i m sport blue/sand gone
Vw mk 4 golf gti blue/black gone

Post #142501 22nd Sep 2012 1:28pm
Kensta

England 

Cam-Tech-Craig wrote:
[]

Thats because it was done by them... If you walked into your nearest Stratstones tomorrow and asked them for a duplicate invoice for a service they did in that branch, they would provide one...

Craig Whistle

Not sure of your point with stratstones point Craig...? If your buying a 2nd hand one and paying good money for it u want to know its real and not sumthng that someone's slapped on in a back st garage, If its done at overfinch and they prove it then that makes it a genuine conversion.... Rangey Sport OverFinch owner from the otherside

Post #142510 22nd Sep 2012 2:39pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

quote "m3mjw"

Vogue sorry mate but I think your comments are a bit OTT - you look down on any tosser who owns a car you don't like.

only the ones that adorn them with cheap looking tat and make a damn good car look like ex halfords rubbish. Thats my opinion, and you are also entitled to yours Thumbs Up

Post #142627 23rd Sep 2012 9:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>