Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Anyone bought these roofrails?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Cam-Tech-Craig wrote:
Powerfuluk sell the copies... If you watch the fitting video were fitting them to my car! And they work brilliantly... Had OE ones on my last FF and they were just the same... Identical...

And the reason for that, I believe, is that the copies were made by one of the well known companies (possibly Mantec but Alzheimers has me right now) and Land Rover were buying the originals from some other outfit.

Anyway, the people making the genuine ones went bankrupt and last I heard were that LR were looking to Mantec as an alternative supplier. Don't quote me on Mantec though....it's just what's coming to mind right now.

All a bit vague I know, but I was trying to buy genuine ones from Nick (TLO at Yeovil LR) about 2 years ago when it was all going on. (for some reason which escapes me right now I was looking at a roofbox Rolling Eyes )

Also, the track system can only really be one set of dimensions if it is going to fit the car. The only parts which could vary in construction would be the crossbars, and again, there are a few aftermarket options on the feet and crossbar systems, Thule, Hellfrauds etc

Either way, I would rather amputate my own fingers than pay 840 quid for roof rails. I really do despair of LR, especially when the Disco ones are 40% less, or at least, they were at the time. It seems they think the RR badge is a license to dry butt rape their customers.

Dom.

Post #136904 20th Aug 2012 7:32pm
T111RDY

Scotland 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

[quote="DeRanged Rover"]So which of the two load capacities is it? 91kgs or 60kg?

They say 100kgs on them...

All fitted - look good to me! l:OolΞΞΞΞΞΞloO:l

2002 4.4 Vogue Java Black

Post #139594 5th Sep 2012 1:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12