Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > TDV8 owners - what diesel ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

nicedayforit wrote:
johnson1 wrote:
What would it do to your warranty though if you've gone 'against' LR guidelines and it messes up your engine?

You shouldn't need to worry about putting bio diesel in your fuel tank in a car that is under warranty, it's simply not necessary.
The bacterial build up in diesel fuel tanks and fuel lines etc ie "gunge" takes a few years to establish itself far more than a normal warranty period.
Just stick to "normal "diesel.
If you feel need the need to chemically clean out your fuel tank just stick a 3 litre bottle of new vegetable oil in the tank every now and again when you fill up.
Be prepared eventually to change the fuel filter if you do though the stripped "gunge" collects in it.
Also works wonders at mot time in reducing exhaust smoke emmisions.

NEVER EVER Do that in anything but the warmest days of the year! it will quickly kill your high pressure system as the oil is too thick compared to diesel! at lower temps it GEL's and can freeze solid compared to diesel/bio-d...

Post #77404 24th Aug 2011 10:15am
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Which is why the "professionally" fitted vegetable oil systems all have a fuel tank heater. also pure vegetable oil doesn't contain the lubricants that modern commonrail, high pressure engines require and get from diesel.
The last engine that LR used that can run on pure vegetable oil is the Tdi300 (and from experience it isn't very happy to do that!) and even then you are advised to run every 3rd tankful as diesel. I gave up after 2 tanks with vegetable oil mixed 50% with diesel, my Defender just hated it 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #77406 24th Aug 2011 10:20am
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Its also down to the pumps, if it isn't a bosche then dont risk it, oh and it needs to be mechanical.

www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk is a good place for info Smile

Post #77410 24th Aug 2011 10:35am
ukrangie

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

I use the supermarket diesel and the car runs ok on it. When I go to France, I use BP Ultimate diesel (the price at the Calais BP is on par with the price of supermarket diesel in the UK). The power delivery is smoother with the BP fuel but as the other have said, not enough to warrant the price difference in the UK. Paul

Twitter - Facebook

Post #79188 4th Sep 2011 6:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12