Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > IIDTool from Gap Diagnostics
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 15 123 ... 131415>
Print this entire topic · 
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor
IIDTool from Gap Diagnostics

Well after bemoaning the lack of gadgets to mess up, I mean mess with, the systems on my 2007 I have this morning ordered one of the above.
Strike Eagle or Lame Duck?
I'll keep you posted
Geoff Geoff

Post #76402 16th Aug 2011 8:19am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

what does it do geoff?

Post #76405 16th Aug 2011 8:52am
supershuttle

I've got to say, I'm not that sure and it certainly is work in progress. I bought it because it is a tool for messing with my post 06 Range Rover, guys with pre 06 have plenty of options. My immediate need is wanting to mess with ride heights etc without keep going to the dealer and forking out £120 plus each time as well as the fact that they don't do "non-standard". Also as I can't make my mind up about "convenience features" like auto locking etc I'd like to be able to change them without a trip to the dealer.
This link maybe explains it better http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=46827

Being honest it's a whimsical purchase, I've got a house and garage full of them, some I use, some I give away, some I sell but more, many more, are just sitting here waiting for the day they go on fleabay - and Steve at Gap Diagnostics seemed like a nice guy, but then again so did the cove that sold me the car in the first place Very Happy

But I still love owning and driving it Thumbs Up Geoff

Last edited by supershuttle on 16th Aug 2011 9:42am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #76410 16th Aug 2011 9:30am
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

i gather its the same thing talked about here.

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/post75513.html#75513

Post #76412 16th Aug 2011 9:41am
supershuttle

Yes indeedy Geoff

Post #76413 16th Aug 2011 9:43am
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

lets hope that steve doesnt sell the unit and then sits back and counts the money [i sure he wont] like storey of rac fame...since my purchase of the rac ,i've been waiting for some kind of major update as the rac is still in a development stage but nothings forthcoming yet......shame steve and storey cant get together and produce something to challenge the bbs faultmate unit

Post #76417 16th Aug 2011 9:51am
supershuttle

I tried to get one for nowt - beta tester and all that - but no joy. So I just bit the bullet.

Also whilst looking for a load space protector I bought some new OEM front rubber mats off ebay for 25 quid delivered. I thought bargain! must have them - however I already have a full set of both carpet and rubber mats but still don't have a loadspace protector Big Cry Geoff

Post #76422 16th Aug 2011 10:01am
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Laughing

Post #76423 16th Aug 2011 10:04am
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

Oh oh oh - where to start? Laughing
I'll just go in the order the comments were made:

supershuttle wrote:
I've got to say, I'm not that sure and it certainly is work in progress.

There are 3 main groups of functions with a diagnostic tool: fault reading/clearing, showing live data/manually testing components (compressor 'on', valve 'close'), and programming ecu's and new components. At present, all 3 groups of functionality are only available for the EAS. Fault reading and clearing is available for all relevant systems (engine, transmission, climate control, etc., etc., etc.)

As I mentioned to Geoff in a mail, the goal is to provide superior functionality in all 3 areas for all systems. The IIDTool is still in development and at the moment - this is why we need beta testers.

supershuttle wrote:
My immediate need is wanting to mess with ride heights etc without keep going to the dealer and forking out £120 plus each time as well as the fact that they don't do "non-standard".

You can do that to your heart's content.

You have options available that are not available with other systems and you can save your settings in a section we jokingly call 'My EAS Profiles' (low-rider city slicker, off-road fiend, or monster truck Laughing ). You can also restore the original values at the click of a menu.

supershuttle wrote:
Also as I can't make my mind up about "convenience features" like auto locking etc I'd like to be able to change them without a trip to the dealer.

coming

supershuttle wrote:
Steve at Gap Diagnostics seemed like a nice guy

Yes I am. Cool

scarey wrote:
lets hope that steve doesnt sell the unit and then sits back and counts the money [i sure he wont]

Oh but I will!! Laughing But - and please believe me - not from the sales of beta units. When all betas are sold (50 of each type of unit) we will still be in the red by 6-figures Shocked . Developing something like this is not something one person does in a free afternoon. Honestly. Or there would be units available everywhere for next to nothing.

Stan, I can understand your impatience, but I don't think you are being completely fair to Storey. Storey does the development of his products as a side job. What he manages to put together in that context is amazing: there are close to half a million EAS equipped LR's with that many owners. And only one owner managed to put an EAS Suite on the internet... Not to mention the RAC or his other items. I guarantee he's not sitting back. I don't know Storey well, but that is not his style. Just give him a bit of time.

scarey wrote:
shame steve and storey cant get together and produce something to challenge the bbs faultmate unit

We don't want to put a faultmate-style unit together and we aren't really competing with Storey: the only overlap we have is the early L322. And our functionality will get there - give us time. Razz

What we have is a completely different product. For the hobbyist an additional 15-20 mins to get the PC, boot, hook up cables, go through the programs, and then clean up might not make much difference - for a garage or even dealer it does. This is why our system is 'patent pending'.

supershuttle wrote:
I tried to get one for nowt - beta tester and all that - but no joy. So I just bit the bullet.

In a bit you'll see the unit offered by our distributor. And you'll be happy. Plus you can chat with me personally. Cool
Laughing

supershuttle wrote:
however I already have a full set of both carpet and rubber mats but still don't have a loadspace protector Big Cry

I have both too - carpet for the opera and rubber for the drive to the country with the family. Very Happy
I ended up getting an aftermarket loadspace protector because I didn't want to shell out for the OEM and because of the 2" lip at the edge - very happy with it despite the fact that it doesn't say LR or RR anywhere. Also it has a grippy rubber section in the center which is much better than the OEM loadspace protector in my P38. If I buy a case of beer and throw it in the P38 I have to let it sit for half a day before drinking - in the L322 I drive quicker than in the P38 and the beer arrives w/o having been thoroughly shaken so I can start drinking faster. Cool 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #76432 16th Aug 2011 11:05am
supershuttle

Whooooaaa Very Happy

Just for the avoidance of any doubt

I didn't want anything to KO although Steve does provide comprehensive answers (good)- I'm more than happy with my purchase (otherwise I wouldn't have bought it), more than happy with the reassurances around future dev and delighted to be a beta tester.

I fact I'm not just happy - I'm excited and can't wait to start experimenting.

I need to calm down and have a cuppa now and wait for my new toy to be delivered.

Cheers all
Geoff Geoff

Post #76434 16th Aug 2011 11:16am
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

agree with geoff a very comprehensive reply steve, now get back to work and stop writing all these posts... Laughing

you're correct steve i'm a bit impatient but an email to storey in june again in july with no replies makes me wonder if they have interweb down in deepest mexico where storey has run of to with all our money...[joke]

you and storey are doing wondrous things for us range rover owners and i would to thank you..

Post #76437 16th Aug 2011 11:27am
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

scarey wrote:
agree with geoff a very comprehensive reply steve, now get back to work and stop writing all these posts... Laughing

It's because I don't feel like working (day job) that I'm posting Laughing

TBH, most of the credit for doing wondrous things goes to Christian and Patrick in Canada. Storey does them on his own. 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s

Post #76442 16th Aug 2011 11:58am
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

supershuttle wrote:
Whooooaaa Very Happy
I fact I'm not just happy - I'm excited and can't wait to start experimenting.

Laughing Laughing 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s

Post #76444 16th Aug 2011 12:00pm
33CHINACARS

Australia 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Hi All

Have also ordered an IIDTool for my TD6. Patrick says there is still some work to do before its ready. Cant wait to start playing

Gary

Post #76478 16th Aug 2011 1:57pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

Yeah, I sent 2 mails out to TD6 owners who would like to become beta testers just today.

We hope to have the issue resolved in the next several days.

And I have a TD6 too...

EDIT: 4 mails... 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s

Last edited by SteveMFr on 16th Aug 2011 6:26pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #76492 16th Aug 2011 4:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 15 123 ... 131415>