Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Floating
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
S1NGH

Kenya 

Your shocks (dampers) could be knackered. With the roads down here, we've seen a few older FFRRs needing new dampers.

Re the G-wagen - it is the ultimate 4x4, and will eat up any off road challenge. Unlike Defenders, which are admittedly better looking, they are built like tanks and the transmission lasts longer than 1 off road trip.....

Post #7498 29th Sep 2009 6:46pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Singh, I'm pretty sure the Range Rover doesn't have dampers/shocks, that's what EAS is for.

Someone please correct me if I am totally wrong on this. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #7502 29th Sep 2009 8:03pm
JOKER

Scotland 

The post has went that far off Topic i forgot what i asked the forum........... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

G Whizz, drive you round the Benz ........... Whistle Whistle

Post #7505 29th Sep 2009 8:11pm
S1NGH

Kenya 

RRUK wrote:
Singh, I'm pretty sure the Range Rover doesn't have dampers/shocks, that's what EAS is for.

Someone please correct me if I am totally wrong on this.

The airbag acts as a spring. There is a conventional damper within the spring that sometimes need replacing but often get overlooked on EAS cars. On the FFRR (up to 2009, not sure about 2010) you can change the rear dampers without changing the spring, but in the front, you have to change everything if i remember correctly. On the D3/RRS you can change dampers without changing the air spring both front and back, and even upgrade to better aftermarket items like Koni etc.

Post #7506 29th Sep 2009 8:32pm
Nexhillboy

England 

I hear you can still buy an old Russian Tank it looks about as stylish as a G and has pretty good off road capabilities. It seems to me to be about as much competition for the FFRR as the G and you could probably save some cash in the deal. I personally would not be seen dead in a G, but thank god we are all different maybe if some people actually bought one they could open their own forum and not try to persuade more sane people to jointheir loony clan

Post #7565 2nd Oct 2009 2:22pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

S1NGH wrote:
RRUK wrote:

Someone please correct me if I am totally wrong on this.

The airbag acts as a spring. There is a conventional damper within the spring that sometimes need replacing but often get overlooked on EAS cars. On the FFRR (up to 2009, not sure about 2010) you can change the rear dampers without changing the spring, but in the front, you have to change everything if i remember correctly. On the D3/RRS you can change dampers without changing the air spring both front and back, and even upgrade to better aftermarket items like Koni etc.

It's called a MacPherson Strut. An all in one suspension unit, apart from the downside of extra cost to replace a shock and a spring if either fails the upside is that it's one less component to transfer road vibration through to the car. 

Post #7567 2nd Oct 2009 3:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12